Sunday, June 22, 2014

Paper Players 201

DSCF3792-001

Hi peeps!  It’s Sunday, and that means another Paper Players challenge!  Wow, we really loved seeing what you came up with for the 200th challenge!  Now, on to the next 200!  Wheee!  This week, Nance has a lovely sketch for us:

I have a confession:  I have a ton of new SU stamps sitting in a huge stack on my desk to play with, and yet I used non-SU stamps for my card today!  I know, shame on me, but when I saw this photo inspiration from Inspired By:

I just had to pull out some little kitchen-y stamps I purchased recently at a LSS:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 201 Stampin Kitchen Card

I did use Hardwood for the background, and the new Pictogram for the cute little flowers:

DSCF3794

I already had a little piece of shabby seam binding on my desk, left from another project, so I added it to some rickrack from my stash, along with a little gray button, atop our burlap ribbon for the banner:

DSCF3795

I also did some stitching and distressing, so I am entering this in the Shabby Chic challenge at the Kraft Journal as well!  This card will be going to my sister….she did something really nice for me last week, and we always hang out in my kitchen!!  Well, on the porch drinking coffee and watching birds too!  And I just love this sketch so much, you may see it again this week!  Hope you all will play along too!  Here’s the DT links so you can peek at theirs:

Enjoy your week!

Say “cheesy curls”!!!!

10402907_10152909069157646_1511091434223577597_n

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Wonderful card! I love the stamps and the bit of burlap!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my gosh, I just love your country-kitchen card LeAnne, especially the cluster of embellishments in the corner! Too cute!

Bev Gomez said...

ahhhh love love love your card. Of course I love red. Darling design.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh you do the homespun vintage kitchen look so well, LeAnne! All the elements are perfectly coordinated and perfectly inspired. So glad you liked my sketch! ((hugs))

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh so cute! I love everything you've done here, LeAnne! The gingham with the Hardwood looks awesome and the bow with the rick-rack is perfect! Makes me want to sit right down with a cup of tea too!

Frenchie said...

Oooo, BEAUITIFUL card !!! Love that red !!!
And Cassady that's just what I'm snacking on , yummy
There my fav ! But I just can't eat one !!!!!!
Hugs frenchie ,

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! I love the homespun feel! The bow is amazing, especially with the ric-rac accent! As always, you have rocked the sketch!

Linda said...

Very cool card LeAnne and so neat how it is kitchen and you spent time in the kitchen. It seems that is were everyone always ends up isn't it?
Cassady looks very happy with that treat. Is that how you get her to say cheese? LOL

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness LeAnne you've been busy while I was away and EVERYTHING is fabulous...so pretty!! Cassidy looks like she's having a terrific summer so far, love all of the sweet pictures!

Lesley said...

Simply perfect! Love the gingham!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful in all its red and white goodness. I love the burlap/seam binding/rickrack/button/twine treatment. It's so pretty. That gingham panel and stitching......wonderful.

Bonnie said...

I'm loving these red checks, the rick rack and the red bow! Reminds me of our kitchen when I was a little girl! Bright and cozy!

Andrea W said...

Darling card! The hardwood paper paired with the red gingham looks fantastic.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, such a TRUE statement! I love the embellishments on the side and the gingham paper reminds me of an Italian cucina. Awesome card!
Hugs
Jaydee

Unknown said...

love how you were inspired by the photo ... the whole card came together in such a wonderful way

Anne Marie Hile said...

I knew Cassidy was a girl after my own heart. First her pink cowgirl boots and now cheesy curls! :) I LOVE your card, LeAnne! That ribbon treatment is so charming and adds so much fun detail. So pretty!