Sunday, June 15, 2014

Paper Players #200!!!!

DSCF3689

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It’s the Paper Players’ 200th challenge!  Woohoo!  We have something special for everyone today!  You can check out all the details on the Paper Players blog, but basically, we want you to pick your favorite PP challenge from the past (there are tabs at the top for past sketches and colors), and then make a new card for it!  BONUS:  some lucky participant will receive ALL the designers’ cards!  So we want you to go for it! 

My card is based on Sandy’s sketch #188; you can see the original post HERE, and here is the sketch again:

I had lots of ideas, but I kept thinking monochromatic, and I just love Crisp Cantaloupe, and had no NEW DP to use, so I went to the retired Birthday Basics papers and found my favorite and started from there:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 200 Something to Say Papillon Potpourri Stampin Up

I did use a couple new products, some older products and some retired products!  I gave them all some love!  And since this is decidedly feminine, I also did a masculine version, using some Artistic Outpost (sadly retired) products:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 200 Artistic Outpost Playtime

Another monochromatic, in shades of Marina Mist and Midnight Muse!  And I had fun stamping the inside too:

DSCF3690

And I will give both of these cards to the winner!!!  So be sure to pop by the blog, or visit each of the designers here to see their wonderful creations:

And PLAY ALONG!!!

I’ll be taking a wee bit of a blogging vacation for a couple of days---be back during the week some time!  And if you have any questions, shoot me an email…it may take me a day or two to respond, but I will!

Cassidy stamped a card for her daddy…sorry the photo’s colors aren’t too vivid, but she did a really good job, including the pink “sun” she drew (all by herself) and her name (traced letters I drew for her) on the inside!

DSCF3683

DSCF3682

DSCF3679

We’re still working on how to hold the marker!!!

15 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Adorable Father's Day card. I love the tractor and corn. So cute. And a pink sun. So cute.
Your cards are very pretty too. I love the layout and the cute stamps.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Linda

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are GREAT, LeAnne! Especially the 'gurly' one!

Frenchie said...

Ooo, priceless,
And your card is BEAUITIFUL !!!
Have a BEAUITIFUL weekend !

Doris said...

What a cute card! She was bound to be a stamper at an early age!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards LeAnne, especially the first one.
Cassidy did a wonderful job on her card.

fiddlinfan said...

Both of your cards are great. I just really LOVE the crisp cantaloupe . That color is awesome and I love the papers you used.

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, I'm so honored you chose one of my sketches, LeAnne! I love both of your creations with it but of course love the girly version the best! Really love how you pierced around the outsides of the circles, and the sprinkling of flowers and pearls! Just delicious!

Nance Leedy said...

Crisp Cantaloupe is such a pretty color and you've proven that with this beauty! Love all the texture with the embossing and piercing and those little flowers are so sweet! Great card for our 200th!

stampin girl said...

I look forward to seeing all the cards you make everyday. Your post is the first I look at when I check my e-mail. Love hearing about Cassidy and what she's up to every day.

Unknown said...

What a cutie patootie! Very creative cards!

~Shawnie B.
Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
www.CardsByShawnie.com

Bonnie said...

I've just played catch up on your blog! My but you've been a busy lady! And you've so many great cards here. Love both of these! The winner will be very lucky!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh sweet card Cassidy made for her Dad. She very happy with her results;)
I love your Crisp Canteloupe card. It's so pretty. I like the piercing around the circles and the sweet little flowers.
What a great masculine version too. I love that "hitch your wagon to a star" and the inside sentiment.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love them both. What a great way to highlight the sketch. However, I'm a little obsessed with the Crisp Cantaloupe one... I LOVE all of the texture, from the piercing to the embossing ... gorgeous.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

I am just in love with everything about your butterfly card, LeAnne! The color, the layout and all of the fabulous details. Wowza!! Your masculine bonus card is also beautiful. Cassidy is already a great carmaker, too. You are a great teacher for her. Hugs! :)

Mary R. said...

Lee Ann how you make this pink butterfly card I would love to make one please let me know My mother loves butterflys thank you sweetie.....my e-mail is e-mail mredford24@aol.com thank you