Wednesday, June 18, 2014

TSOT172

DSCF3699

Hi everyone!  I am back from my brief bloggy vacation with a quick little shabby chic card using some new products and colors:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Hello Darling Stampin Up

I used the sketch from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday:

and I stamped the bloom from Hello Darling in Lost Lagoon on Naturals Ivory cardstock. 

DSCF3701

I randomly stamped some of the other lovely images from the same set on a piece of Soft Sky cardstock, in Soft Sky ink, to achieve my background, and I stamped the swirly lines from Chalk Lines on the horizontal piece.  Hello Darling has such pretty images!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Hello Darling Stampin Up-001

I also added a banner of dry embossed Naturals Ivory on which I attached some of the new Venetian Crochet Trim, and I  scrunched up some Soft Sky seam binding and added a Very Vintage button. I stamped the lace image on the inside along with a sentiment from the new set, And Many More.  This is a congrats card for a recently married friend!

DSCF3703

Cassidy found a bunch of Grampy’s old marbles; she put them in her little basket and brought them to the porch to play!

DSCF3666

DSCF3663

DSCF3668

Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love what you did with the ribbon. Beautiful!
Oh what fun a basket of marbles. She is such a busy little girl.
Enjoy your day.

stampwithsandy said...

Super pretty! Love the monochromatic color scheme. I just received this set in the mail yesterday and haven't even mounted it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

stampwithamyk said...

That is just beautiful! I love the soft colors and all of the background stamping. Your ribbon and lace add the perfect touch! And your Granddaughter is pretty cute too! :)

MarvA1ix said...

Hello Darling was my first choice in stamps out of the new catty. Don't you love it? I just did 2 cards for 2 different swaps on SC using it, and I am loving it, too.
You did a great job with this card, and I love your fresh ideas.

MarvA1ix said...

Hello Darling was my first choice in stamps out of the new catty. Don't you love it? I just did 2 cards for 2 different swaps on SC using it, and I am loving it, too.
You did a great job with this card, and I love your fresh ideas.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty with all the subtle stamping and the gorgeous main design! Hope you're having a great week!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my friend, this is just gorgeous. I love the colours you've used here and the vintage/shabby chic feel. Your ribbon treatments are beautiful. I love the bg stamping. Wow I need to take a look at this set. Oh, love that button too.
Those marbles look like they are fun to play with. I love that second pic of Cassidy.

Rose said...

beautiful card!!!!! So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

Sylvia said...

Missed your card this week, LeAnne, but I hope your Father's Day was a lovely one. this is a beautiful card in blue, but more beautiful still is your granddaughter, how she has grown. And playing with marbles, I loved playing with them as well. do you remember them being in the boxes of things like cereal or cracker jacks? I don't know what happened to mine! My dad probably discarded them years ago...or maybe my brother got them! Enjoy your Thursday!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, love the soft colours & the ribbon looks perfect

Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kathy S said...

Just beautiful. The vintage style and teal color is just sublime. Great use of the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch. Thanks for playing and hope to see you again soon!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a shabby chic star......this is gorgeous! And your porch is lovely!