Tuesday, June 3, 2014

ColourQ 224

DSCF3361
Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Did you get through Monday okay?  I went on a little relaxing weekend with some ladies over the weekend and my Monday was spent trying to get back into “work” mode!  Plus, the new Stampin' Up! catalog went live yesterday----trying to decide what to buy is such a dilemma, LOL!!   But I was able to create a fun card for Arielle’s color inspiration today: 


Isn’t this a fun graphic design?  The colors seem masculine to me, but they could be interpreted in lots of different ways!  I was perusing my Pinterest posts and came across this card (it’s her 7th card in the post) I really liked, so I used the sketch to make my card for today:

LeAnne Pugliese Weeinklings ColourQ244 Stampin

I used some fun products from Echo Park (All About a Boy) which had this cool denim paper and matching brad and cog wheel!  I did stamp some splashes from Gorgeous Grunge on the lighter blue panel, and the chevron flag is from the SAB set, Banner Blast.  The sentiments on the tag are from a little Impression Obsession set called Imagine Words.  I stamped them in the challenge colors, and then stamped some of the other words on the inside, with some more speckles from Gorgeous Grunge:

DSCF3364

I think this makes a great masculine birthday card!  I hope you’ll find a ton of inspiration from the photo as well as the other designers’ creations at the ColourQ, and that you’ll play along with us!

I don’t have any Cassidy photos today, but here are a couple of pictures from my weekend; my friend Elsie's family has a beautiful farm in upstate PA, with a gorgeous farmhouse, lots of comfy bedrooms and modern facilities that blend in well with the original farmhouse.  Honestly, it was better than a resort hotel!!!  The weather was gorgeous, we ate wonderful food, we all met some new Christian friends and saw lots of ORIOLES!!!   Or maybe it was one oriole (well, I saw a pair) that we saw LOTS OF TIMES, who knows!  But it was one of the most relaxing weekends I have had in a long, long time!  Thank you, Elsie!

DSCF3395 

Here are a few of the “activites”:  sunning, (yes, that’s me), beading, playing scrabble, swimming and kayaking in the pond, and some fabulous chef-ery (that’s homemade strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream)!

unnamed (7)unnamed (3)unnamed (4)unnamed (5)DSCF3382

A view of our gorgeous accommodations:

unnamed (6)

And the star of our stay, who had his nest in a tree right next to the porch, so we were entertained all weekend long!

DSCF3391

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh, wow, gorgeous card, LeAnne. Love the denim touches. Truly a great masculine card. And what a great weekend! So glad you had a wonderful, relaxing get away. And the Oriole was the icing in the cake!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Man, you made a tough (in my book) color combo WORK, LeAnne!

Looks like you had such a wonderful time doing R & R. Good for you!!

Marlena M. said...

How fun to hang with the gals! We live in beautiful PA...it's so GREEN now! Love your masculine take with these colors LeAnne~

Lisa Elton said...

This is a great masculine card and I love the denim tag!! Looks like you had a fabulous relaxing weekend, good for you!!!

Katie Melhus said...

Amazing!! But then again I always love your ColourQ cards!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow you did a great job with this colour challenge. I really like the tag you created. Fun idea to add the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge to the DP.
I'm so happy to hear you were able to get away for a weekend and have such a fabulous and relaxing time. Elsie's house look gorgeous. Looks like you and your friends packed a lot of fun stuff into the weekend. The bonus was the Oriole right? or Orioles as the case may be;)

Karren said...

Fab card, LeAnne - that denim paper is amazing! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend away.

Deepti said...

Love the patterns and layering on ur card and the denim tag is awesome :) great pics too, looks like u had a gala time :)

Jen Mitchell said...

You already know I love that denim tag! And I think the graphic patterns and fun shapes are pretty cool too! Looks like you had a relaxing time with your friends. It's so nice to get away sometimes!!

jengd said...

Great card and what looks like a fabulous weekend!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a beautiful place to get away from it all. What a wonderful sounding girls time away. I'm in love with the farm house and the swimming hole and, of course, the Orioles!
So glad you managed to get away and spend some quality time just having fun.
Hugs
Jaydee