Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Two Summery Cards

 DSCF5146
I had some fun watercoloring and stamping time the last couple of days!  The first card was for the SCS CAS challenge, which was a sketch.  Here’s my take on it:
 DSCF5149
I stamped the image in Stazon on watercolor paper and colored away, then added some glitter to the “sand”!!!  You’ll notice a couple of “bleeding” images…..that’s what happens when you forget to heat set your coloring before you proceed to the next color!!! 
DSCF5148
The next one is for the Catered Crop challenge, Songs of the Rainbow, and the Just Add Ink sketch challenge 123 (oops, missed the deadline):
I flipped the sketch on its side in order to use this cute ice cream cone image, again stamped on watercolor paper and colored with inks:
 DSCF5151
Although these aren’t the exact colors of the rainbow, I think it’s got enough to qualify!  They look pretty yummy to me, anyway!  Of course, I had to add some glittery sprinkles to the dips, as well as a glimmery cherry:
 DSCF5153 DSCF5154
Gee, I think I need to go check the freezer---I’m getting hungry!  If you have any questions about anything shown here, just shoot me an email!  Meanwhile, here’s a little mermaid enjoying Ocean City, MD:
539541_10151206437112646_1379811461_n
I have no idea how they got her to stand still long enough to take this shot!  Quite a serious mermaid, I’d say!  Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love both of the cards and your coloring is beautiful.
That mermaid does look real serious for someone who is on vacation.

Linda said...

Those are great cards! I love the beach scene and could NOT find any bleeding colors! So bright and cheery!

Kara said...

Beautiful coloring!!

Linda McClain said...

I love, love, love both your cards, but, of course, the ice cream is my favorite. It's perfect for the rainbow challenge. And your little blondie mermaid - such a cutie patootie.

Darlene Gabriel said...

That summer beach card is adorable - makes me wish I was there. I like that you added the glitter to the sand. The ice cream cone look delicious. I love the the glittery cherry and the touch of sparkle on the ice cream. You are using your free time to create some gorgeous cards - good for you and we get to benefit by seeing them and enjoying them;)
That is one sweet mermaid serious or not:)

Linda said...

Oh my goodness Ocean City is were we would go when I was a kid. As a teen we would all meet on 9th Street and meet boys. LOL
Love your wonderful cards. Bleeding is what lets you know it was water colored. I love that look. That is a perfect summer card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your cards are fantastic, I LOVE those images and your colouring is perfect!

Carol L said...

Two fun and cute summer cards - thanks for making me want ice cream :)
The expression on Cassidy's face is just priceless!! I can almost hear her thinking out loud...."I'm going to be an angel for this picture, and then I'm going to get some cotton candy for a reward." :)

Bonnie said...

What beautifully colored summer scenes! I love the vivid colors and the little bit of sparkle! Cassidy looks really serious about her mermaid duties.

jjcreations said...

Oh these are both so much fun!!! I love your water colouring on both of them and the touches of glitter. If only I could actually eat a cone that tall. Darling (serious) mermaid - as usual.

Patti said...

Love that beach card. Never would have noticed the coloring - you do such a great job. And the yummy ice cream cone card. They are such colorful and fun cards.

Paper Art Princess said...

These cards are lovely! I really like the clothesline one :) Very unique! Also want to thank you for choosing me as your top pick for Merry Monday! Thank you so much!

jengd said...

All 3 are adorable! ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute cards LeAnne! So fun and cheerful! Darling photo of your little Mermaid :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ahh, OC, MD. Been there for a vaca before; what a great beach town. Cassidy looks so cute inside this mermaid cut out!

And your cards have such a wonderful beachy, summery theme - the coloring is fantastic, LeAnne! So rich and vibrant.

Denise Marzec said...

BOTH cards are beautiful! I love all the fun glitter!!!....so perfect for sand and for ice cream images.

Linda Callahan said...

You are an artist! Beautiful summery cards! And the mermaid looks a bit unsure about her photo shoot - lol!

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne, the two cards are just fabulous and definitely colorful! Thanks for playing the Catered Crop with us...hugs ~S~

Sally said...

Beautiful coloring~ I couldn't see any bleeding~ They look great~