Wednesday, June 6, 2012

TSSC224 Vintage Vogue

DSCF3069-001

Wow, what a gorgeous day it is today here in PA!  I wanted to make a card with cheerful colors for Mary Jo’s TechnoStamper’s sketch:

I had originally been thinking about using Tangerine Tango, since I hadn’t used that color in a while, and mistakenly pulled out some Calypso Coral designer paper….oops!  So I went with that, and paired it with Daffodil Delight for a friendly birthday card:

DSCF3068

I stamped a background with the floral images from Vintage Vogue, then added the cut-out F atop a little scalloped square; the sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes, was cut with the largest Itty Bitty Banner die.  I wish now I had done something different with the left side of the banner….maybe I’ll add a flower to cover it up!   I also added a little scalloped border on the top and bottom panels.

DSCF3070

A cheerful card for a sunshiny day!

Playing is hard work!!!

DSCF3017

DSCF3034

 DSCF3044

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Darlene Gabriel said...

LeAnne - I so love this card. Such bright cheery colours. And we have a sunny warm day here today too, so this card is perfect. It also uses stamp set which I love and use to more often - thanks for that push. I do like that little scallop border too.
Cassidy looks like she is very much enjoying her "hard work" ... I mean playing;)
Have a blessed day.

Elaine M said...

Love those colors together!! So bright and happy. About the left side of the banner...maybe slide it just under the "F" so the edge wont show. But it's a great card just like it is.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful stamping stamping stamping! The coral works perfectly and the weather is always so much nicer in PA than in NY!

Linda said...

Love this card and I have the stuff to make it. Yea!!!! Thanks for the great inspirations.
Love how hard Cassidy works at play. That is so important to her development. Really!

Betty Benton said...

What a fabulous sketch and what a great job you did with it -- love your color combo.

penniem said...

I love this "" color combo LeAnne - it really is quite pretty!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! Your card pretty much confirms my decision to NEVER get rid of this stop set, LeAnne. Love the color combo, too. Tangerine Tango is one of those colors I don't usually reach for. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

MJ said...

What a great stamp set choice for the layout! I love the colors you chose too, so bright and cherry! Thanks so much for playing along again this week on my sketch challenge!