Saturday, June 2, 2012

I’ve Been Framed with OCCC

   DSCF0969-001

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Those sweet girls over at Our Creative Corner have asked me to be a guest designer today!!

OCCC

The challenge is “Embellished Frames”…..make it any shape, but the frame should be the first thing you see!   I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to make my “wooden” frame from Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I am glad I never took wood shop; I would have gotten an “F” on making mitered corners!!  Here’s my square “framed” Father’s Day card:

OCC June 2 - LeAnne

I was totally inspired to use Lovely as a Tree after seeing Narelle’s beautiful card here.  I stamped and sponged the classic tree image, then added the letters from Timeless Type dies (which is retiring-----insert a BIG pouty face here), and popped them up a bit:

DSCF0970

You need lots of little itty bitty bits of dimensionals for this, let me tell ya!  Teeny Tiny Wishes provided the sentiment, adhered over one of the Itty Bitty Banners images, then I added some jumbo eyelets with my Crop-a-dile, and it was done!  Since the card is square, the banner poking out on the side still allows it to fit into a standard-sized envelope.   I stamped a nice Verve sentiment on the inside:

DSCF0971

This also qualifies for the Little Red Wagon challenge this week:  wood!  I hope you’ll meander over to the Our Creative Corner blog and play along with the Embellished Frame challenge too!

Doesn’t everybody chill out with their foot up on their trike, surveying the newly-mown lawn?!

172_5786

14 comments:

None None said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love the woodgrain background and the popped up dad sentiment! Such a fantastic card for a father! Hope you have a great weekend.

Judith said...

Love the card. Cassidy is too cool.

Have a good weekend.

Linda said...

Oh I can only wish I could sit like that after mowing the lawn. LOL
Love the beautiful card. You did a wonderful job with the frame. I love the grommets and the image.
So are the letters die cuts you use in the big shot? Oh I guess I missed them because I always think I can use my Cricut for letters.

Unknown said...

LeAnne..wow. I'm going to say it again..wow. Okay, now that I a have that out of the way..I love this. What a fabulous masculine card. I have got to give this a try. Have a wonderul day.

MarcyK924 said...

What a gorgeous card, LeAnne! Perfect masculine card - I love those giant eyelets and the cool embossed bg! Thanks for your creation as guest designer at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

Patti said...

Terrific card. Love that embossed frame.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello LeAnne
First congratulations on being Gd this week on OCC. And thank you for providing us with this gorgeous card with its amazing frame, you have followed the criteria perfectly. The wood-grain has a wonderful effect on the card.
Smiles:)

Carol L said...

Great masculine card, and WTG for the DT guest spot! That picture of Cassidy cracked me up with her foot up on the handlebars! She's a natch :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow your frame is amazing. I love the tree and the "dad" and the banner. What a wonderful Father's Day card. Congrats on being a guest designer - I'm not surprised they asked you.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Hey LeAnne - thanks for the shout out! - I'm so in love with your card (so much more than mine!) That embossing folder is so effective that I might have to get one now. It's fabulous on a man card! Cheers Narelle

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi! LeAnne, this is such a fabulous card for a man. Love the beautiful embossed background and pretty colors on the tree. Thank you for being our guest designer this week at Our Creative Corner.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Loved your frame so much! The dark colors and the embossing were perfect! Thank you so much for Guest Designing for us this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness, love this frame LeAnne, I didn't realise that you had mitred the corners ...very clever indeed!
Love too the jumbo eyelets and "dad" lettering ... awesome job!
So glad to have you Guest Designing with us this week!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi LeAnne,

Where does the time go? I can't believe it's taken me a week to get over here to thank you for being our guest designer this past week at the OCC. Your work is always so wonderful and this embossed frame is sensational - love the woodgrain and how perfect with the tree image - one of my all time fav sets from SU. The chipboard letters are terrific too - love the color. You certainly did us proud this week as our guest designer!

Also, wanted to say think you for that lovely card you sent me. It's so pretty and the seam binding is absolutely gorgeous! That was so sweet of you to send it!

Hugs,
Linda