Friday, June 1, 2012

Monkey Sketch 111

DSCF1001

Shirley and Terry from a La Card Monkey chose one of my cards last week, which means I get to be a GD this week!  Here’s their fun sketch:

Monkey111 Graduation-001

Terry assured me it didn’t HAVE to be a graduation card, so I went with more of an encouragement card, using one of the new In Colors, Summer Starfruit, some new papers from Cozy Cafe, and the Countryside truck:

Monkey 111 - LeAnne

When I first read the name of this color, I misread it as “Summer Starfish” and that just sticks in my head, so if you see me mistype it in the future, you’ll know why!  I stamped this image in Stazon on some watercolor paper and colored it with various inks and my aquapainter:

 DSCF0998 

I also “vintaged” the edges with some Crumb Cake ink and a lot of water to give it an aged look.  The sentiment (gasp-I cut it apart to use it in two pieces!!!!) is from Blessings from Heaven.  I don’t know what took me so long to get this set; my friend Darlene sent me a card with one of the sentiments on it, and I just had to have it!  It looks terrific on this banner, stamped in Early Espresso, especially with that little apple that fell off the truck:

 DSCF0996

I love this unique sketch and I hope you’ll drive on over to the Card Monkey blog to play along with us this week!  TFL!

This is a book I got from the library about a mother mouse looking for her babies; each page features an image with little flaps that fold down, and the mother doesn’t find her babies until the last page.  Cassidy LOVES this book, but her fingers can’t quite get under the flap, so she grunts “UNH” on each page…..as if that would help those little fingers!  So cute!

172_5768

11 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! Truly beautiful coloring!!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous coloring! I guess I just need to come visit and learn to watercolor from you! That truck looks amazing!

Pam~ said...

LeAnne, I love this truck in the Summer "Starfish" color! It looks like it belongs on the side of the road by the beach selling apples! Gorgeous card! Your watercoloring is perfect!!!

My children used to love those interactive books.

None None said...

Such a fantastic card, LeAnne! I love the colors and the sentiment is fabulous as well! I hate cutting my sentiments apart, but there are definitely times that call for cutting them.

Linda said...

Wow this is another wonderful card. Love that image and the colors you used.
Adorable picture and story of Cassidy.

Patti said...

Love your card. That color looks great on the truck. Your coloring is perfect.

Terry said...

You are one popular lady! I love how you colored the truck image. It's beautiful. And now that I've read Summer Starfish, I'll probably start calling that color the same thing. It does stick in your head! Adorable photos and stories of your granddaughter. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at A La Card Monkey this week.

Terry

Darlene Gabriel said...

Guest designer a second time - way to go. I really like this card. The truck looks great in yellow and your watercolouring is perfect. Love the banner and sentiment.
I love seeing Cassidy enjoying books and reading so much. She off to a fabulous start.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Beautiful Card... not sure if calling a old yellow truck Beauiful is the right word... but oh well! lol It is what it is!!! Thanks for being a GD for us at A La Card Monkey this week and leaving all those sweet commnets!! We just love everything you do.

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Sally said...

Your coloring is really lovely~ I hope I haven't let this truck stamp retire because I wanted to make a card for my hubby with it~ Really like your work~

Sally said...

You do just wonderful work~ I hope I haven't let this stamp set retire because I always wanted it to try and make a card for my hubby~ Your coloring is so good. Wish I could do this~