Monday, June 18, 2012

Merry Monday 25

 

 DSCF0984

Happy Monday, peeps!  I hope you had a great weekend….we did!  It’s time for another Merry Monday sketch!  I hope you’ll find some time in your schedule to use this to make another Christmas card to add to your supply.  If you’ve not played before, jump right in!  Here’s the sketch from Lesley for this week:

I went super, super CAS this week because I have company coming and I needed to make this QUICK!  I made a tent-topper card (at least that’s what I call it!) using two retired sets, Welcome Christmas and Jolly Old Saint Nick:

Merry Monday 25 - LeAnne 

The card base is  4 1/4” square, and the topper extends just far enough to allow it to still fit into a standard-size envelope.  I stamped the image in Always Artichoke on Confetti White and used my Nestabilities to cut the circle and scalloped mats:

DSCF0985

A really simple ribbon embellishment atop some pretty retired SU paper, and it was done!  Hope you find some inspiration in what the other designers have created this week as well….they are BEAUTIFUL!  Check them out at the Always Playing with Paper blog!!

Since I will have company this week, I may be blogging and commenting less frequently, but I’ll be back next week for sure!  Here’s a little Cassidy fix for you, awaiting her piece of “cake” as Grampy cuts it:

DSCF3295

11 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Cute card. I have never made a topper card before so might just have to give it a try. Have fun with your company. Cassidy's cake looks like my favorite (banana bread).

Colleen said...

Beautiful card.
Cassidy is just adorable and her grampy there does pretty good at cutting that cake pretty darn straight.

Lesley said...

Love that retired paper, pretty colour and that pic of Cassidy and Grampy is lovely...what a nice grampy!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous CAS card, love the papers you used and this stamp is so cute.

Bonnie said...

More pretty paper, LeAnne! I really need to get more comfortable with using it! The pretty silhouette is just perfect for the topper!

Patti said...

Nice clean look. Cute card. Enjoy the week with your company.

Karen said...

Love the cards you make, but also love following Cassity. Look forward each day to see what she's up too. Looks like a fun kid. She and my grandson are about the same age.

Carol L said...

I love how you showcased this great silhouette image on your card! Gorgeous papers too!
As for Miss Cassidy......this picture could have a caption of "A.N.T.I.C.I.P.A.T.I.O.N. She's making sure Grampy is cutting her an adequate slice :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Is that banana bread? That's my favorite! Lol!

Your card is beautiful! i love the design with the circle extending off the main panel. I have to sneek that tip away in the file of crafty secrets you always inspire me with. :)

Mikki said...

I really like the topper you made along with the color combo you selected. Just perfect for Christmas and I love seeing pics of your little Cassidy. Nice selection for the Players and happy 100th.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just gorgeous LeAnne - I've never seen that DSP - it really is a great colour for Christmas! I envy you whipping up your card in a short time - I can never get one completed in under 2hours!