Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ColourQ142

 DSCF5003 

Woohoo, happy Tuesday everyone!  I always look forward to Arielle’s challenges; she knows where to go for all the trendy stuff….good thing, because “trendy” would not be a word someone would use to describe me!  But I can be trendy in my crafting!  What do you think of this:

cqc142

This reminds me of a needlepoint purse I made many, many years ago!  Now when I am faced with color combinations like this, I usually revert back to my old standard “four-part harmony” sketch:

CQC142-LeAnne

I used some fun embossing folders (Square Lattice, Houndstooth, Fancy Fan and Chevron)  for three of the colors, punched them out with a 1” square punch and mounted them on a matching punchout from the Postage Stamp punch, popping them up and embellishing them each with a little doodad:

DSCF5005

Oooh, that was the fun part!  I colored the pearl with a Copic, and the Summer Starfruit Dahlia matches that Crushed Curry square pretty closely!  Then I added a little sentiment from Touch of Kindness (ret) and some ruffled ribbon, both in Island Indigo:

DSCF5006

This could be a note card or a birthday card, or a get-well card! Hope you are inspired to play along with us this week---share your creation over at the ColourQ blog, and be prepared to be “wowed” by all the DT samples! 

Here’s a photo of Cassidy I took last month; I was playing around with Picasa, trying to learn some special effects:

DSCF0868

Thanks for visiting today! 

19 comments:

Patti said...

Your card is so cute. The winner today is that photo of Cassidy. What a beautiful picture - definitely made for a frame.

Linda said...

I don't know which I like better the picture or the card. They are both wonderful. That is a great way to use the colors. LOVE IT
I thought you had a professional one taken. Great picture!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Leanne! I love the simplicity of your card. All the texture in those tiny squares are fabulous. I like the repeated rounded corners too. Great card!

Your photo effects are stunning. She looks like an angel!

Vicky Hayes said...

Brilliant LeAnne - I love your textured grid design!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!! What a cutie pie too!!!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne!! This card is adorable. And...maybe you wouldn't be described as "trendy", but definitely as "Classic" and "Elegant"!!!

The picture of Cassidy is so precious!! She is a doll!!! And so, so photogenic!!

Linda Callahan said...

Those tiny textured squares with the bedazzlers are so cute! As is Miss C in her portrait! Hope you know who lets me put bows in her hair when she arrives!

Kelly said...

So cute...the card and the photo :)

MarvA1ix said...

This like sugar and spice and everything nice all rolled into one cute card

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne to me you are am embossing queen! I love this card and I love those postage border squares. Is it me or is Cassidy growing up before my eyes. I always love to see her sweet face. You are a lucky gramma.

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome textures on those squares!! Love the layout, too....I can see why it's a go-to sketch.

Bonnie said...

You did an awesome job on this challenge LeAnne! I love the textures and the little gems on each square! What a sweet picture of Cassidy.

Carol L said...

Love those squares and embellies and that pic of Cassidy is so precious!

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Love your use of texture with those colors! Cute Cassidy photo, too!

Renee said...

So cute!! I love the card too :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow what an adorable picture of Cassidy. You're playing around with Picasa is certainly showing.
I like your card with the fun embossed squares and embellishments. I have to get some of the ruffled ribbon.

Mikki said...

Leanne, this is super cute and love how you created the squares with the different embossing effects along with some embelliment. I just love your artwork.

Margaret Moody said...

Love your card, your color choices and the sweet pics of cute Cassidy! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm going to file away the "four part harmony sketch" for future use! I love how you added the doodads too. That makes for one fabulous card!