Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ISSC19

DSCF3211 

Just a quick little card today using the sketch from iSpy Sketches for this week:

I pulled out some new paper and some older stamps!  Here ya go:

 DSCF3209

This came together so easily, I felt like I was cheating!  The new Patio Party DP is so fun to work with….the patterns go together so well!  I added some sponged ovals, layering them to make my border at the top of the panel, and stamped the birthday sentiment from Perfect Punches in Raspberry Ripple, and the party hat from Pennant Parade in Primrose Petals.  Oh, and the star is Summer Starfruit!!!

 DSCF3210

I love those three panels….a great way to use up scraps of DP!

On Monday, my friend and I took Cassidy to her daddy & mom-mom’s work place…they were having a Zoo Day!  I am not sure whether they were referring to the animals that were there or the mobs of infants, children and moms sweltering in the June heat……not a good scene for a rambunctious 22-month-old and her grammy!  Suffice it to say, we left after seeing a camel (very interesting!), chicks, rabbits, pigs, goats, sheep, a tortoise and a few snakes.  A nice lunch in a little restaurant and we all felt much better.   Here’s a little photo time line:

She arrives at Grammy’s fresh & clean….note the pony tail, you won’t see it again because it came out at naptime!

 DSCF3251

Chickens!  Peck, peck, peck!

 DSCF3252

Yep – another pickle….this time, a dill!  And she actually took a couple bites before insisting I take it back!

 DSCF3255

Back home, we gave Monkey a ride in the stroller:

 DSCF3258DSCF3256

Followed by a bath, and yes, we recycle our CoolWhip tubs into tub toys!:

 DSCF3259

Less than a minute into her nap:

DSCF3261

Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Carol L said...

Looks like you had a fun day with Cassidy. SOooo tired and so cute :)
Speaking of cute, I love the party hat on this fun birthday card! Love those papers too!

Unknown said...

Your card is just so cute.. But your Granddaughter steels the show.. She is so sweet.. Makes me miss watching my grandson..

Linda~

jengd said...

And she is. Outta. THERE! :) Cute card too btw. ;)

Sandie Conner said...

Love it, so cute!

Patricia said...

Hard day for Cassidy

Linda Callahan said...

What a neat sketch - and your card is great! And I adore the sleeping Miss C picture!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your take on the sketch - your gd is a cutie!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoops - Thanks for joining in at I Spy Sketches!

Linda said...

OH what sweet picture of Cassidy. Love them!
Love the card. It is so clever.

Unknown said...

Love the card !!

Unknown said...

Love the card !!

Kim Teasdale said...

I love the added whimsey with the birthday hat on the sentiment! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches!