Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ColourQ 143, HSS124 and Cardabilities 57

 DSCF5136
Top o’the morning to you this Tuesday!  It’s ColourQ day—yippee!  Here’s a sweet little color combo to tempt you:
cqc143
I had to laugh at myself when I posted this card, as I used a very similar square theme for last week’s card!  No, I’m not in a rut, am I? 
CQC143-LeAnne
Truth be told, I was using sketch #57 from Cardabilities, since my friend Lesley is now on their DT:
So you can see why I used squares again!  For my CAS card, I pulled out some fun Basic Grey papers from Marrakesh and Nook & Pantry because they had the sort of gypsy feel to them inspired by the shirt in the photo. I used the small heart punch to pop up a heart in three of the squares:
DSCF5141
and honestly, I had no idea what sentiment I was going to use…..birthday?  get well?  Then I remembered the Quilters Sampler Sentiment set from PTI, and it seemed to work pretty well, so I stamped it in Basic Gray:
DSCF5144
I added a heart from a PTI Valentine set and a needle from a retired CHF set, then hand-drew some thread. This just makes me smile.  I hope you’ll play along with us this week and create something that makes YOU smile!  Share it with us on the CQC blog where you can see all the divine creations the others have come up with as well!  Edited to add:  This also qualifies for the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge #124, quilting!

My DD sent us a few pictures from vacation; here’s one from their hotel; note the stuffed animals looking out the window as well:
557326_10151203896127646_141028065_n
Thanks for visiting today!

25 comments:

Judith said...

You must be lonely. That is an adorable picture of Cassidy and her side-kicks.

Love your card, as always.

Julia Aston said...

What a great card LeAnne! wonderful job with the color and sketch challenges! I like how you stamped the needle through the sentiment!

Kara said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the card and that sentiment. So you love the paper and you use it. I love when that happens.

Looks like your DD and her family are on a great vacation. I love that view, wish I were one of those stuffed animals right about now.

Queen Mary said...

Love the clean simplicity (and paper) in this card! Excellent idea with the quilting sentiment!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow this card is gorgeous! I love the squares of DP you've used and of course the hearts. This is a beautiful sentiment - so true of good friends.
Sweet pic of Cassidy - of course her stuffed animals need to see what's going on too don't they?
I hope you are enjoying your little break too even though I know you'll be missing Cassidy.

Dena J said...

Simply beautiful! Colors, hearts and sentiment in perfect balance.

theresa said...

Your card is just wonderful! I love how you use products from so many different companies and are able to make them work together so beautifully! I love the picture of Cassidy and her buddies!! Sooo cute!!

Linda said...

I bet she is looking for her grandmother.
Sweet picture
Love the card great layout and colors.

Carol L said...

I L.O.V.E. this card - WOW! What a fantastic sentiment you added to those great squares!
TFS that adorable picture of Cassidy - it's too cute with her little pals looking out the window too :)

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the color combo- so pretty!! Perfect saying- very cute!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the patterned papers and that cute quote LeAnne. I am always amazed when crafters find patterned papers to work with a colour challenge. What a spectacular view!

Jen Mitchell said...

This card is like a beautiful comfy quilt! The squares are very cool and I like that you added the popped up hearts.

Shannon said...

Love the layout of the card and the patterned paper. The sentiment is perfect for it too. Great job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Sylvia said...

Hi LeAnne, I don't think you are in a rut, sometimes we just enjoy using something we are familiar with or want to play with again. I think your card is wonderful, I love all the patterned paper! and are you missing a certain someone? I hope she is having a great time, her animals look like they miss you too! Have a good rest of your week.

Bonnie said...

I loved your pretty "quilt" last week and this one is just as pretty! And the needle and thread stamped softly behind that wonderful sentiment is so perfect!

Jenny said...

I'm loving the bold patchwork pattern in primary colours :0)
great photo of your grandaughter looking out the window...what a view!!
Jenny x

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh LeAnne this card is the ultimate in perfection! I love the colors and the layout, but my favorite detail is the chunky heart buttons. So glad to have dropped by your blog and that you joined the quilt challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Colleen Dietrich said...

This quilting sentiment is truly perfect for this sketch, and the papers you chose. It's like a modern quilt. :)

Mruk said...

What a warm card, this sentiment works really great here.
Thanks for sharing at Cardabilities.

scrapdictive said...

I like the take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining us over at Cardabilities!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Great layout for this challenge! I also love the colors and those DSP's are great! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Bobbie said...

I love your card...but that picture takes my breath away! How sweet! As a follower of you blog, you are always perfection. Love the clean and simple design of this card, and the sentiment is perfect. Happy you joined in our challenge this week at HSS.

inkypinkies said...

First of all, what a sweet picture! How you get anything done besides enjoy that sweet baby is beyond me :) And, I love your card so much, I actually wish I could have it today to give to my hubby for our 12th anniversary. Can you believe I have no card to give him?! Seriously. The little hearts, and the heart in the sentiment are just the perfect touch. Anyway, thank you so much for adding your lovely card to our challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Bethany Lasher said...

Love the card-the tiny hearts are very cute! Congrats on the HSS Artist pick!