Thursday, June 14, 2012

SCH15, RCC57 & CCCB113

 DSCF3267

I spent a little extra time in my craft room yesterday since the man in brown came a day earlier than I expected!  I got to try out my new SU embossing folders, both from Delicate Designs, along with the coordinating Large Scallop Edgelit.  They are gorgeous:

 DSCF3262

I pulled out a retired Cornish Heritage Farms sewing set that I just love and created my own background paper by stamping the sewing images in Crumb Cake.  I added the little mouse image because she is just so cute! 

DSCF3267-001

And the sentiment, stamped on an SU Lots of Tags diecut, fit perfectly with my sewing theme! 

DSCF3268

I combined three challenges here!  The sketch is from Ribbon Carousel Challenge sketch #57, and the City Crafter Challenge #113 was to use buttons:

:

And the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge #15 was to make your own designer paper!  Thanks for visiting today!

I’m trying to instill some motherly instincts into Cassidy and got her a little baby doll….so far, she just wants to poke her with her little magic pencil……we’ll work on that some more!

DSCF3276

DSCF3277

16 comments:

Linda said...

Funny it looks like she is trying to play Dr. or something. LOL
Your card is gorgeous! I love that edge embossing folder so pretty. The colors are wonderful and that image is "sew" sweet!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous! Love that fancy edging! Oh and I spy that beautiful stamping stamping stamping in the background! Looks like Cassidy is going to do some stamping stamping stamping of her own on the doll's face - lol!

scrappingnana said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love that new embossing folder and edgelit die. TFS

Carol L said...

I LOVE the soft colors and theme of this card - the tag is just fab!!
Poor dolly! LOL Cassidy will get the hang of it soon enough :)

Nikki Spencer said...

A gorgeous card, love the way you have used the edglits LeAnne, beautifully done!

Denise Willerton said...

Oh LeAnne ~ just took a peek at ALL your posts that I've missed over the past month...oh how I miss this ~ thanks so much for the inspiration and BEAUTIFUL creations!!! Cassidy...your getting so big and adorable as always ~ have a wonderful day and enjoy this weekend that is almost upon us! :-) hugs, Denise

JenMarie said...

So So CUTE! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

Your card is stunning!! I just love the colours and your background ... the beautiful embossing ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB

Patti P. said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous. Love every bit of this. The sewing theme is so pretty and your colors, yum! I really love your new ef and that edge is gorgeous. Love the polka dots peeking out.
Great job, thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Heather said...

I love your new embossing folders!! Fabulous card! I just adore that little mouse image and all your buttons!!
Hugs
Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!
Heather

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful card. These colours are so wonderful together. I love all the buttons and the large scalloped edgelit combined with the Delicate Designs really is gorgeous.
Cassidy is just so sweet. I've missed seeing her pictures a few times this past week.

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow - you created gorgeous background paper - beautiful card!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. Wonderful design.
And you know I love seeing photos of your granddaughter.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This could not be more GORGEOUS! LOVE the embossing! Those photos are ADORABLE!!

Katie Skiff said...

Oh I love this, love the vintage feel!! Thanks for playing with us at the Ribbon Carousel!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! Love all the texture! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Carousel!