Monday, June 11, 2012

Merry Monday 24

 DSCF0989

Hey everyone!  It’s Monday---back to work, but also back to Merry Mondays, where we make a Christmas card a week!  Here’s Lesley’s lovely sketch:

I finally broke down and purchased this beautiful Christmas set, Bells and Boughs, and put it to use right away with this card:

Merry Monday 24 - LeAnne

I stamped and lightly colored my own background and paired it with some DP from Melissa Frances, then stamped, watercolored and fussy-cut my bells:

DSCF0988

I added a Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon along with a little sentiment from To You and Yours (ret) stamped on More Mustard, and there, I added another card to my stash!  I sure hope that this sketch will inspire you, if you haven’t already, to get started on your Christmas cards!  Be sure to stop by the Always Playing with Paper blog to see ALL the Christmas goodness the designers are sharing this week!

We had a busy weekend of activity!  One thing we did was go to my nephew’s high school graduation party.  Cassidy was all decked out in a new outfit!  Here she is upon arrival at our house:

  DSCF3212

And then in the stroller, a short walk to my brother’s, and she was out like a shot, headed straight for the sandbox!   We did lots of other stuff this weekend, but I’ll share that later!

DSCF3218DSCF3216

18 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love this card and what a great stamp set, I can see why you had to have it. i am loving this sketch too and might have to play along.

Carol L said...

Another great Christmas card! I just love the pattern in the top/bottom panels! This works for the TLC381 to "half it".......your sentiment panel is "halved."
That cute little number Cassidy's wearing is great inspiration for a card too eh?

Doris D. said...

Lovely card. Her dress looks like a card ready to happen!! Precious!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love your stamped & colored background and your colored bells look great.
Cute pics of Cassidy. TFS

Queen Mary said...

Love Merry Mondays! I love your velvet ribbon on your card too! And of course, Miss Cassidy's ponytail!

Queen Mary said...

Ha! So I was looking more closely at your card and I thought, hey, that doesn't look so velvety afterall, so then (at last) I looked at your ingredient list and I saw it was cherry cobbler seam binding -- I may have to get some of that, I didn't realize how deep it was! (which is kinda dumb because cherry cobbler is almost too dark for me, but the seam bindings are usually lighter...) Anyway, even better card now!

Kim S said...

Such a lovely card in all ways! The golden colors against the beautiful papers is a lovely accent. The bells are beautifully colored!

Patti said...

Terrific card. I was so glad that stamp set survived the cut - one of my favorites. What a great color inspiration challenge Cassidy's dress would make!

Kate Stockman said...

I love your cards, but I enjoy seeing pictures of your granddaughter just as much. I have three daughter and two granddaughters---love seeing your pics and thinking about when my girls were that age!
tfs

Bonnie said...

Such pretty, fussy cut bells, LeAnne! I love your handmade DP too! And what a little cutie. That dress would be a good inspiration piece!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sigh. Love your handmade background! It has such a vintage vibe. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

LeAnne I'm so impressed with your background stamping and colouring - I thought it was another of your gorgeous DSPs that I find on your cards. Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Oh that sandbox looks like a lot of fun. I love Cassidy's dress.
Wonderful card! Love the sketch and the paper and image you used. Love it!

Cheryl M. said...

This card is love at first sight. The colors, the stamped background colored in just enough, and the cut out bells & holly, ahhh! The sketch is great and reminds me it IS time to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

Karen Aicken said...

What a lovely card, with such beautiful colouring.
Cheers, Karen

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love this week's Merry Monday card. The DP you created
is very pretty as are those "fussy cut" bells. Beautiful card.
Cassidy looks adorable in her beautiful party dress. Why not dress up to make some elegant sand creations;)

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I really like your card! I'll have to make time to participate in this week's challenge. ... I may also use the color combo in Cassidy's dress for a future creation, too. She's so cute!!!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous use of the sketch LeAnne, I thought you had this set already! I love it!