Friday, December 18, 2015

TSTR265 Vintage Tree


Happy Friday, peeps!  I am happy to announce that our tree is finally up...not decorated, but it is up!  Decorating will commence tomorrow!  Meanwhile, since my sister received her Christmas gift, I can share it now!  I always like to make a little vintage treat for her...she appreciates my style and I have plumb run out of room to display things!  I pulled a little green wooden spool out of my stash, found some vintage goodies (pink and white glitter, sequins, green shabby seam binding, a bleached mini tree, some green sparkly trim) and went to work:



For the angel, I have a whole stash of Christmas cards from my aunt's house that are from the mid-50s....I scanned this one:


 cropped it down, resized it, and cut out the angel.  I glittered up the tree and base and glued it to the spool, then added some sequins and a glimmer star and adhered my little angel:


I actually typed (on my old Smith Corona typewriter) the sentiment on a scrap of DSP and added some glitter on it as well, then tied some pale green seam binding around the spool and adhered the sentiment.  Here's a back view:



And here it is, displayed on my sister's tree (I think it looks cute here!):


and along with the other little goodies I've made for her over the years:


And imagine my surprise when I checked a few challenges yesterday!  Here's this week's Shabby Team Room Holiday Sparkle inspiration photo challenge:


So I'll be submitting my little spool for sure!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy loves coloring with my markers, but after I left my craft room for a few minutes a couple of days ago, I came back to find she had done this to her hair:


She's such a bundle of energy, I didn't even notice it until an hour or so later!  She also decorated her shirt ("I just wanted to see what it would look like!")....thankfully both washed out!  Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

barb mann said...

LeAnne - Your sister is very fortunate to have you creating her such beauties over the years! Absolutely perfect for the shabby challenge! Now you will be posting a pic of your tree - Right?

Angie said...

Love your vintage projects, LeAnne! What a beautiful gift for your sister! Enjoy your tree decorating this weekend!

Denise Willerton said...

On my oh my oh my....adorable...I love vintage and each one of these gifts are absolutely perfect! 🎄 Wow! And I love Cassidy's pink streak ❤️ Have a perfect day and weekend m((hugs))

JoAnn said...

Love all your vintage projects, so pretty. That angel looks adorable on your project.

Lisa Elton said...

What a great sister you are LeAnne, this is the prettiest little gift!! So are all of the others, by the way!! People pay good money to do that to their hair. They need some coloring tips from Cassidy LOL!!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so cute! I know your sister loved it and it looks precious sitting in her tree. All of the things you've made her are so special. Cassidy wanted her hair to match the tree! lol

Linda Callahan said...

You create the most delightful things! And Emma colored her whole face with yellow highlighter this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so beautiful LeAnne - your sister is so lucky to have you create something so beautiful each Christmas, a real vintage treasure. As for Cassidy and the marker pens , that so made me chuckle - that's just the kind of thing Rebecca would do too!