Thursday, December 10, 2015

MM183

DSCF3323

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I am into Christmas prep up to my eyeballs, so if you don’t see me around, you’ll know why!  LOTS of cookie-making going on here!  I did squeak in a really easy card yesterday, though!  Merry Monday has a candy cane-themed challenge:

and I just happened to get myself a couple of new Christmas gifts, one being a little pack of October Afternoon vintage cutouts!  This one features a couple of little critters on a candy-cane powered sled!  I fooled around with a fun fold so that they would be “sledding” off the edge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings October Afternoon Vintage Sledding

I love these images even more because they’re printed on both sides!  I added an assortment of some fun new papers and a couple of sentiments from Purple Onion and Close to My Heart:

DSCF3325

DSCF3326

Cassidy helped me pick out the papers….the red snowflake one is her favorite!  All my cards are sent out, so this will be for next year!

We made mint chocolate chip cookies today, and despite my warnings, Cassidy just HAD to try a taste of unsweetened cocoa….she had to wash the taste down with some milk, LOL!

DSCF3294DSCF3299DSCF3297

Live and learn!  Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Those sledders are adorable! You find the cutest images! And I haven't baked one cookie yet!

mudmaven said...

All good cooks taste their ingredients so they know what they are working with - she has the makings of a chef! Love the papers on your card. Good luck with all your prep! ~chris

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A candy cane sled! How brilliant is that?!!! Great card, Lee-Ann!

Lisa Elton said...

OH MY GOODNESS what a SWEET OA image!! Don't you just love OA!! CUTE card LeAnne. Good luck with all of your backing and prep. I still have shopping to do!!!

Bonnie said...

LOL, that's one way to get chocolate milk! Love the sweet sled and the fold is so clever to give the sense of movement! Looks like fun!

Colleen said...

What a great fold for that added dimension of the sled going right off the page! Awesome cutouts! thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colours and dimension!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)