Monday, December 28, 2015

MTS104 Sympathy


Hi everyone!  I hope everyone had a great holiday!   I haven't been in my stamp room for days, but today I managed to find some time to make a couple cards.  I used the Match the Sketch sketch  for both of them, making one in portrait orientation and the other landscape:


Two days before Christmas, one of my SU customers died in an auto accident on his way to see his family in Maryland.  It was his 42nd birthday.  Although he had only been to two parties, I knew he had a heart of gold and was a real gentle soul. He had a genuine passion for art and crafting;  I loved when he was at a workshop because he asked lots of questions and showed a real interest in incorporating stamping into his artwork.  He loved the grunge style, so the new Timeless Textures was perfect for a sympathy card:


I won this typewriter image from Stamplorations a couple of months ago, and this is the first time I inked it up!  It was stamped on a scrap of striped DSP in Night of Navy and cut out.  I raided my scrap pile and found a piece of big polka-dotted DSP which I embossed with a Tim Holtz typewriter EF.  I added some sponging and random stamping with the Timeless Textures images in Tip Top Taupe, Night of Navy and Lost Lagoon:


I also used part of a sentiment from the new set, Greatest Greetings....another set full of wonderful words! 

My card is just such a small token of sympathy....I know my Christmas was not the same, thinking of the loss his family has suffered. 

Here's my other sympathy card, using some English Garden DSP and the new SAB set What I Love:


I stamped the floral image in Mint Macaron and Night of Navy, both stamped off, then fussy-cut it out.  I also used the same sentiment from Greatest Greetings, stamped in Rose Red.  It's always good to have some of these cards in my stash.

Christmas was a whirlwind!  Here's Cassidy opening her stocking:
 

Unwrapping her sled....we MIGHT be able to use it this winter, but so far, it's been way too warm!

 

She can't wait to play with Barbie's Color, Cut & Curl....although I am hoping she doesn't get any ideas about her own hair, LOL!


Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your cards - so sorry to hear about the unexpected loss of your customer, and so close to Christmas too. Love the photos - the sleigh looks awesome! As for Barbie, you are so brave!!

stampwithsandy said...

How tragic to hear a story like that, especially this time of year. I'm sure the family will appreciate your beautiful card. On a happier note, Cassidy looks just like the little girl on the Barbie box!

mudmaven said...

These are wonderful cards LeAnne and I am sure they will bring comfort to their recipients. So sorry to hear of your loss. Creative souls are always so wonderful to come across and their loss is always felt very deeply. Thank you too for your thoughtful card about Harry, I can't tell you how much it meant to me. ~chris

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, this is such sad news. My heart goes out to his family and you as well. Your sympathy cards are both lovely and will bring comfort. I'll bet Cassidy was excited for Christmas and Santa! We got Sweet P a little sled too. She road around the kids living room, courtesy of grandpa!! Someday (too soon!) there will be snow for her to try!