Monday, December 7, 2015

MTS101 Birthday

DSCF3245

Happy Monday, peeps!  My one and only brother has a birthday coming up, so I thought I’d better get working on a card for him! 

11082609_10101167145587998_8989996112750575675_n-003

He has a motorcycle, so I pulled out this cool Route 66 stamp set from Artistic Outpost, along with some Basic Grey papers and whipped this up:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Raymond's Birthday Artistic Outpost

I stamped the images and sentiment (past Paper Pumpkin kit) right on the designer paper with Basic Gray ink, did some distressing and smudging and mounted it all on a Basic Gray card.  I did a little outlining with an Pumpkin Pie marker:

DSCF3244

and some subtle stamping on the inside as well!

DSCF3246

The sketch came from Match the Sketch:

Thanks for popping in today!

Dana is letting Cassidy choose her own clothes (within reason—we pick our battles!) so last week, this was one of her outfits…..and it was about 40 degrees outside!  Capri pants, a skirt, socks and water shoes.  It was actually cute, and she swears, her legs are not cold!!!  Kids!

DSCF3240

Be sure to pop in tomorrow for my Try Stampin’ On Tuesday card!  See you then!

5 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What a great card for a motorcycle lover! I love the papers and the stamp. The pops of PP really look great too! Cassidy is adorable…no matter what she wears! :)

mudmaven said...

Perfect birthday card! My brothers would be thrilled getting this! My granddaughters both swear that they are not cold when they wear this stuff too! I think they are fibbing, but ....

~chris

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ahh!! kids!!! really cute outfit for Cassidy, it's really great to let the kids pick their clothes, all within reason, of course.
She is just so adorable, a sack of potatoes would look gorgeous on her.
Now, this card is amazing, perfect for a guy, that motorcycle is fabulous, he'll love this card.
Thank you for sharing.
Maria.

jengd said...

Great card! I love those colors and the grungy blends! And Cassidy- wow! Quite the fashionista! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday to your brother! He's going to love his card, it's perfect. Sure wish I could pull off an outfit like Cassidy does!! Then again, she would look cute in a paper bag!!