Wednesday, December 2, 2015

SSSC297 Sympathy

DSCF3136
Hi, all!  My sweet friend Linda lost her husband very suddenly…she is devastated, obviously.  I wish my blog friends didn’t live so far away!  I am hoping this card brings her some comfort.  I didn’t want it to be dark and somber, and I thought these papers from BoBunnys Pincushion collection were sweet:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Thoughts & Prayers Stampin Up

I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge:

and a sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers.  I added a scallop, a remnant of a doily left from another project, and I used a circle punch to punch out a little heart from a scrap left from the background.  A narrow black grosgrain ribbon finished it off.
DSCF3137
Thanks for popping in today!
It was the annual “ throw the pumpkins out in the woods” event:
DSCF3099
First, we saved a few seeds from some of the pumpkins, then hauled them out to the woods in the garden wagon:
DSCF3110DSCF3116
She could only toss the little ones, but she did pretty well!
DSCF3113
Mother Nature will do the rest!  Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

mudmaven said...

Your card is just perfect! It is really hard when physical distance keeps us apart, but in your heart you are keeping her close and that is what matters. ~chris

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card and I know it will touch her heart.
It always so good to see Cassidy spending time with her Grampy and doing the "everyday" chores which I'm sure are more "fun" for her.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so pretty! I am so very sorry for your friend. I know this beautiful card will be treasures because it was made with love! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Oh NO, I'm so sorry to hear of her loss LeAnne. Your pretty card will warm her heart. The pumpkin chucking pics are cute!!

Linda Callahan said...

So sorry about your friend...that is so tough. Your card is sweet. And the pumpkin throwing is fabulous.....made me smile!

Ruth Ann V. said...

Linda is very fortunate to have you for her friend. A card and phone calls mean a lot when you have lost your special someone. It is a lovely card and she will like it. Linda will be in our prayers. One of your blog friends.Ruth Ann Vincent

Cindy Beach said...

Leanne,
These are the hardest kinds of cards to comment on because we grieve too, sending prayers for Linda. I love how you kept the colors bright and the sentiment so sweet. Most of all, your caring will be so appreciated as you send this beautiful card her way.