Thursday, December 17, 2015

SIP27 and FMS217 Thank You, Deer


 Hi, everyone!  My card today is for two challenges:  the Stamp, Ink Paper "thanks" challenge, and the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from my sweet friend Linda!  Here's the sketch

I just happened to need a thank you card for a gift I received recently and that gave me a chance to use some of these wonderful Kaiser Craft Home for Christmas papers and a Tim Holtz deer diecut:


After cutting the deer from a scrap of Crumb Cake, I stamped him (no antlers---perhaps it's a her?) with a Hero Arts Christmas Background stamp, then overstamped that with SU's Linen background stamp, THEN did some shading with Soft Suede and finally stamped some gold speckles on him as well.  The sentiment is from SU's Another Thank You, stamped in Gold Encore ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


I added some ribbon trim and a little gold thread around his neck, and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card base.  I sponged around the edges of the print DSP as well!  Love the vintage look!  And you can't see it, but the dark green paper has shiny embossing on it...lots of great texture on this card!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cookie decorating meets engineering when Cassidy's at the helm!  Who knew you could build a tower from sugar sprinkles?!





Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Gingin said...

LeAnne your card is gorgeous!! I love that Kaiser Kraft paper and love how you accented the TH deer! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Denise Willerton said...

another stunner LeAnne ~ love your 'she' deer...and the sentiment on that ribbon is beautiful ~ for some reason it just jumps out at me ~ love it...great sky scraper Cassidy ((hugs))

stampwithsandy said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! I love the shape of that deer die cut, just gorgeous. Have a great day!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful!! Love the background paper and the pretty deer. I like it without antlers, it's a nice change! Cassidy's line em ups have gone vertical LOL!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love love love the deer......who needs antlers?!? Sooooo elegant!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne. I love deer. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

Unknown said...

So pretty!! I really like your deer, and that your card has some "sparkle". Love that patterned paper!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

Amy O said...

Beautiful texture and a beautiful deer. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, LeAnne! Always good to see you in the gallery at FMS.

Jen Timko said...

I, too, love that deer! Such a pretty card! Glad to see you at FMS and happy new year!!