Saturday, December 12, 2015

Blue Kissmas Tree


Hi all, hope you're having a great Saturday!  This is a quick little post for today!  I have made lots of these cute Christmas trees with Hershey's kisses using Brenda Quintana's wonderful directions.  You can find them HERE.    I saw these pretty blue kisses at my local Ollie's store, and thought they would make a spectcular tree too!  So here we go: .


I used Pacific Point for the frame, and I did not use a Rollo for the trunk, but rolled up a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and adhered it on with Crystal Effects;  I also used the "merry" from the Christmas Greetings dies, cut from silver glimmer paper and adhered it with a couple of glue dots.  I think this is so pretty in the non-traditional color!



I did find I needed to add about 1/8" more on each side of my frame to make the kisses fit a little better!  

No pix of Cassidy today, but I thought I would share with you what I found on my kitchen table this morning:  Amidst all the Christmas prep, we are getting NEW WINDOWS!  So my tree decorating is on hold, the house is a mess and DH had to trim the holly bushes in the front of our house to remove the storm windows....so he put some berries in a jar.  Aren't they pretty?



And since we are having temps about 25 degrees above average for the next few days, it is working out pretty well!  Enjoy your day!  I'll be back tomorrow with a new Paper Players challenge!


6 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What an adorable tree!!! I've never seen blue kisses before. Good luck with your new windows. You are quite brave to do them right before Christmas!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous blue tree. Love it.

mudmaven said...

I love that blue tree! Those berries are gorgeous too. We put new windows in a couple of years ago and it has made so much difference in heating the house (more efficiently and totally less expensively). Enjoy! Take advantage of your warmer weather. We go hit with cold and snow today! Just a couple more weeks until we head out to sail for the Keys/Bahamas though ... YAY! ~chris

Unknown said...

I love this !

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how CUTE and the blue kisses are perfect! Wow did you ever luck out with the weather and your new windows. We had some windows open here today ~ letting out some of my germs LOL!! But the temps are so mild, mid 60's it's kinda crazy!!