Sunday, December 13, 2015

Paper Players 275


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today I am the hostess at the Paper Players with a traditional color challenge for you to play with:

This is also our last challenge for the year...but we'll be back in January with more challenges and new guest designers!  So here is my card for the challenge, using Cozy Christmas, the Sleigh Ride edgelits, and the Boughs and Berries embossing folder:



I started out by embossing a Cherry Cobbler card with the embossing folder; then I stamped both images in Mossy Meadow, and stamped them again in Cherry Cobbler and  did some fussy-cutting of the flowers and the bells:


Since I was using the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary, I also diecut some trees with the Sleigh Ride edgelits and added a little "to you" from Fabulous Phrases:


And here's their sketch;

CCMC385

My final embellishments were some enamel dots and a big Cherry Cobbler shabby seam binding bow!  

I hope you'll find some time in your busy schedule to play along with our challenge this week!  You can check out all the other designers' samples (and say good-bye to our current guest designers) at the Paper Players blog!

I had a serious helper assisting me with my Christmas card addressing this year!  She did very well adhering the postage stamps and address labels!  (She loved the Charlie Brown ones!)  So if you get a card in the mail from me, know that Cassidy put her own "stamp of approval" on it!





21 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card.
Pretty helper you have there also.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, there are so many details to love on this card... I love the tree cut outs, the patterns you used, the crinkled ribbon, the embossed background.... all of it! And I love the photos of your Christmas card helper. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up!
hugs
jaydee

Jenny Engelke said...

What a gorgeous combination of those stamps and die cut! The crinkled ribbon looks amazing, lending even more of a vintage feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Dawn Tidd said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the EF and then layered on top of it. The trees die cut is so cute on there too with your signature crinkly ribbon! I needed Cassidy last night as I got my cards ready to mail! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne!! You have designed a perfectly traditional Christmas card to go along with your traditional colors...what a beauty the is!! Cassidy did an exceptional job on my card!! Thanks to both of you ;)

laurie said...

Love the colors you chose for the challenge this week! Your embellishments are so fun..love the ribbon and enamel dots....pretty card! You are so lucky to have such a good helper. Merry Christmas LeAnne!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just gorgeous! The embossing is gorgeous and the tree cut out is perfect! Your color combo was perfect for this beauty! Miss Cassidy can come help me anytime! She is taking her job seriously! Love it! XX

Unknown said...

Love love love your card LeAnne! Love the crinkly ribbon. Love the embossed red background. thank you for your kindness and encouragement and friendship during my six months as a guest designer at the paper players. It has been a really honor and privilege and gift. Merry Christmas!

stampwithamyk said...

Your card is stunning LeAnne! I love the bow and your embossed background is so pretty. Fantastic layering, perfect design! :)

AB. said...

This is such a warm and festive card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne...love how you used the edgelit die in your sketch!!! Fabulous 😊 What a great helper you have. Have a perfect day 🎄😊

Nance Leedy said...

A lovely card, LeAnne! Such a clever way to use the embossing folder and I love the addition of those big enamel dots. Tell Cassidy I got your card and I am so proud of her for being such a good helper! Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Love the embossing and small images are absolutely beautiful! Your little elf-helper is adorable :)

stampwithsandy said...

A beautiful holiday card, LeAnne! The embossing folder worked so perfectly with your stamped images. A very happy holiday to you and your family, and I wish you the best in 2016!

Anonymous said...

There are so many pretty elements on your card and they tie together so nicely! I love your idea of using the enamel dots on your bells! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Chris Slogar said...

Love the traditional Christmas colors used with the traditional images! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Jan Clothier said...

So beautiful! Such a lovely colour combination - one of my favourites too. The sleigh ride edgelits are a fantastic detail.

Mary Brown said...

GORGEOUS card LeAnne! I just love the traditional Christmas colors along with the 'throw back' look of the images. So many cool little 'touches' on your card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...love the trees against the DSP...and how perfect your fussy cutting is! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oo I love the combination of stamps, shapes, textures and patterns on this card LeAnne - and such a clever take on the sketch too. A great colour combo!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all that beautiful embossing!!! Every element just melds the card together fabulously :)