Sunday, December 18, 2011

Vintage Birthday

DSCF0139-1 

Happy Sunday!  The Paper Players are taking a little Christmas break, but there is still time to play—we’re leaving our current challenge open until December 30.  You can see all the details here!

My sister’s birthday is coming up and she has recently found some blogs and websites featuring vintage designs and she loves them as much as I do, so I thought I would make a birthday card for her using some vintage ephemera:

DSCF0137

The next time I try this technique I’ll do my velvet ribbon/lace treatment a little differently…still on a learning curve with that!  But I love the effect of the snowy glitter on the metal frame as well as the Dazzling Diamonds on the die cut leaves:

DSCF0140-1

The little postage mark is cut from an envelope I had gotten at my church’s yard sale many years ago…I bought a whole box of them mostly for the postage stamps, but I love the look it gives here…although it would have been cool if I had chosen one from the year she was born! Hmmmm…maybe I’ll have to swap that out before it goes in the mail!  I cut the swirl from the same envelope as well.  I also sprayed the entire card with a mixture of More Mustard ink, alcohol and white Shimmer paint.  You can’t see it here, but it added a nice antique color to it!  Hope she likes it!

Pumpkin seems intent on commandeering my computers….yesterday it was my laptop!

DSCF0157 DSCF0159 DSCF0162-1

Have a blessed day!

10 comments:

Rita W said...

LOL I love Pumpkin pictures. :) What a fun vintage card; I just know your sister will LOVE it!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, PUMPKIN! {I have the SAME problem with Mrs. Nuttles! It's not wonder my keys get a lil' wonky every now and then with ALL the kitty dander and hair! Doh!} Meanwhile, let's not DISTRACT from the AMAZING and stunning layers of vintage fabulousness you have assembled! Oh, LeANNE! I have a DRAWER of those frames and I just kind of got tired of them - you, you, YOU have just breathed a WHOLE lot of joy into an old TOY! Bravo!

Patti Willey said...

Yum! You can keep making Vintage all day! Love it! I enjoy looking at all of your layers and techniques I know they take so much time but she's sure to hang on to it forever!

I had a kitty Pumpkin, same color. aren't they little stinkers!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness when I saw that Coatesville Dec 1953 my eyes really popped out. I was one and Mom was born in Coatesville. I was born in WestChester.
Any way this is an amazing card I love, love, love its. So very beautiful.
Ok I would freak if Max napped on my computer. It must be nice an warm there. Maybe she is sending Max an email. LOL

Anonymous said...

A real beauty! Awesome!

lisa808 said...

LeAnne, what an absolutely gorgeous card! Love the design and all your embellishments. So cool to use a real postage stamp and mark.

Lesley said...

I'll bet that laptop is toasty warm and Pumpkin loves that heat! Your card is exquisite, love the old postage date and the added snowy glitter to the frame and leaves.

Cindy Major said...

Wow, I love that frosted frame! Gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the vintage card! Can't believe your cat sits on your laptop! Can't you tell I am a dog person? My dog runs as soon as I open my computer - she hates it!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Just looking at your blog tonight. Had to say Love this card it is so Beautiful! I am really going to try to use this as kind of a sketch and make my own. You inspire me!!

Hugs
Shirley