Friday, December 16, 2011

PPA124 & PDCC111

DSCF0134

I finally had a chance to get out of Christmas mode and work on a couple birthday cards I need for December!  One was a masculine one, so I used the Pals Paper Arts sketch from this week:

PPA124

along with the color challenge of black, white and aqua from The Play Date Cafe:

PDCC111

And here we go:

DSCF0133

For some reason, my camera just isn’t capturing this in its true color….but stamped on the textured cardstock, it looks really cool!  This image is fairly large, so my card is a little larger than normal.  I also did some embossing on the black panel:

DSCF0135

and repeated the image on the inside with the sentiment:

DSCF0136

If you have any questions, just shoot me an email! 

Cassidy had her first chocolate chip cookie yesterday:

 DSCF0115

DSCF0116

Gotta start her on the Christmas cookie traditions early!!

12 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work, Leanne! That timepiece is awesome.


I love the toothy grin...she sure looks happy with that cookie. There'll be no stopping her now! ;)

Martha said...

Good Morning LeAnne,

This is a wonderful masculine card.I think you have a real knack at capturing the "guy" feel with this card and others you have done. Boy, Miss C sure looks happy. But once you taste chocolate, you never go back! LOL!

Blessings, Martha

Linda Callahan said...

Yep I light up like that when I have a chocolate chip cookie as well! Oh - great card too ! Love those colors - perfect guy card!

Linda said...

Oh wow I thought that card was amazing until I saw that cookie. LOL

Elaine M said...

Absolutely LOVE this card!! The images are from ???

Looks like our little Ms C thinks this cookie is a winner - what a sweetie.

Lisa Elton said...

What beautiful images, great card. And your little one sure looks happy with her first chocolate chip cookie!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, beware of those cookies and Cassidy! LOL My now 10 YO liked only good-for-you foods as a little one, such as Cassidy is now. I made her try M & M's one day, and a Chocolate Addict was born! She's never looked back. ;)

As for your card, cool masculine creation! My eye was drawn to the way you used a brick embossing folder.

Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe, and Merry Christmas!

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous masculine card, LeAnne! And yep...it is never to young to start with the "cookie" traditions! Mmmmm!

Nina Dee said...

I love the way you combined the challenges and created a fabulous masculine card! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts! :)

Stacy said...

Very pretty card, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

LeroyLime said...

LeAnne, this is just AWESOME!! Your little windmill caught my eye, reminds me of my parents farm, especially with the barn in the background! Where oh where did you find it?! Such a great guy card!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the country appeal to this creation, Leanne! Plus, you did a fabulous job tying gorgeous texture into the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!