Thursday, December 8, 2011

FMS14

DSCF9973

I had a special order from a customer for a Christmas card for her granddaughter; she specifically asked for a Santa!  When I saw this week’s Freshly Made Sketches sketch, I was thrilled; it was a perfect sketch for what I had in mind.  Here’s the sketch:

FMS14

And here’s my BIG card:

DSCF9974

This measures a huge 6” square of Santa Claus goodness!  I used a retired SU Santa image, some cute coordinating red & sage papers and a card base of textured Very Vanilla.  She had requested her name on the card, so I computer-generated the sentiment and added it to a little die-cut mitten:

DSCF9975

And of course, Santa’s hat is all glittered up, too:

DSCF9977

This also qualifies for the Christmas Card All Year Round challenge, which is Anything Goes!  I just love this card, and I hope she does too!  Thanks for looking today!  If you have any questions, just pop me a line!

DSCF9953

18 comments:

Lauri said...

wow! What a great fun big santa card! and I love how you personalized it!! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love the Santa - and the mittens are adorable!

Ellen Taylor said...

Supe cute card! Love those papers and sparkle!

nanny31 said...

très jolie carte

Anne Marie Hile said...

SO pretty, LeAnne! I love the perfectly cut out Santa and the fun mix of patterns you used. How cute are those little mittens?! Speaking of cute...Cassidy and her toothy-grin just being a smile to my face. She's such a sweetie! :)

barb mann said...

What can I say? Absolutely ADORABLE! She will love it. I love that stamp set. Why does SU retire these great ones??? Sure glad I have it! What a super sketch and beautiful card. OK LeAnne - where did that cute mitten die come from??

Linda said...

Ahhh this is soooo cute and I mean the card too.

Patti Willey said...

oooh! What a great sketch to work with! Love your mitten die! The winking Santa is droll too. Love it!

Clare Lloyd said...

fab card and great layout!thanks for joining us @ CCAYR.x

Jen Mitchell said...

I love Santa images and I love he looks great with all that pretty DP. Adding the personalized message makes it so special!

dpkennedy said...

Oh that's adorable! The card too, lol! Really, great layout and I love the retro Santa image!

Lesley said...

Adorable LeAnne! Love the custom mittens!

Michelle said...

those mittens are amazing! love santa's glittery hat!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh! I love it, LeAnne! Love Santa and his glitter, love the mittens and love the colors. Great job! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, how adorable is this card, love the Santa and I love the mittens .... great choice of patterned papers too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

Is there anything better than a big Santa??!! Love the little mittens and the DSP you chose. Thanks for playing at Freshy Made Sketches this week!

None None said...

LeAnne - this is adorable! I love those old time vintage-y Santas. Love the mix of decorative papers you used as well - so retro and perfect for this Santa. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love this card. One of my favorite Stamp sets! Is that a punch you used for the mittens? They are so darn cute!!

Hugs
Shirley