Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ColourQ 114 Anything But A Card

DSCF9800
Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Today, Arielle has a special ColourQ challenge for us!  Use this photo as your inspiration:
cqc114 - Anything BUT a Card
to make anything BUT a card!  Well, that shouldn’t be too hard in light of how stinkin’ cute this little guy is!  I chose to make a quick gift card holder:
CQC114LeAnne
These have been around forever, but in case you’ve never seen one before, they’re really easy!
  • Take an envelope and seal it; it’s a good idea to add a little additional adhesive on the part of the flap that doesn’t have any, so everything sticks real well. 
  • Along the longer edge, cut the envelope at approximately 2”; if you’re using a standard-sized envelope, this means that you’ll have 3.75” portion remaining. 
  • Take that 3.75” portion and run it through a crimper; now it is a little smaller, since it’s been crimped, and you can slide the other portion of the envelope on top to make a little sleeve for it.  Your money or gift card or even a pack of hot chocolate will fit into the crimped part, and you can decorate the top part whatever way you like! 
DSCF9797












My snowman was colored with markers, sparkled with a Jelly Roll pen and  embellished with some diecut holly, berries & stars, and the Crumb Cake envelope was stamped with snowflakes, “fa la” and then sponged with white ink.  This was definitely a FUN project to make!  To make it easy to open, I tied my ribbon at the top and adhered my snowman with dimensionals on either side of the ribbon, making sure the dimensionals were only on the top portion of the envelope; when the recipient opens it, the ribbon just unties and slides under the snowman and the top can be removed to find the gift inside!
I hope this will inspire you to make something other than a card with this little cutie as your inspiration!  Skate on over to the CQC blog to see what the other designers came up with!  I’ll bet you have some FABULOUS ideas as well!
If you have any questions about anything used here, shoot me an email (be sure to include YOUR email if you want me to answer!) and I’ll be happy to help!
s
I find it very funny that my little mouse doorstop is only inches away from my sleeping Pumpkin!

9 comments:

Lesley said...

This is adorable! Love that sweet snowman LeAnne!

barb mann said...

Darling LeAnne, Don't remember seeing those before?? Wonder where I've been. So Cute & so EASY! and we do have a need for many gift card holders!!

Linda said...

What a great gift card holder. I have to read the how to again. I have not made one of these and it is soooo cute.
It looks like Cassidy is telling Pumpkin to get the mouse. Pumpkin is so luck to have some one to play with. I think Max is board. He sleeps all day! LOL

Unknown said...

ACK!! I LOVE this, so cute, and what a great way to give a gift card. :) **hugs**

None None said...

Adorable,LeAnne! Love your take on the quick GC holder. A

Marybeth said...

This envelope is adorable, cant wait to try it. Your daughter is adorable too! Love the Santa card you made too. Too bad that Santa is retired. TFS. Off to try that envelope.

Marlena M. said...

Awww, I love that you caught her in the act! Oh, I MISS those curled little pudgy toes my sweeties had! Thanks for that. ;)

Your gift card holder is a great idea-so cute! Thanks for the tips.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute gift card holder, love that snowman.

Waseem said...

like the idea and all the info..i wish to use it in Gift Card envelopes if i need it there.