Sunday, December 11, 2011

Paper Players 76

DSCF9962

Happy Sunday to everyone!  Ann is our hostess for this week’s Paper Players challenge, and she has a regal combination for us:

Once again, it’s a clean and simple challenge, which I didn’t notice, but thankfully, I did a fairly clean and simple card:

PP76-LeAnne-1

I used the Lovely Letters set with the flourish from Essential Elements, stamped in gold Encore ink.  I embossed my Brushed Gold scalloped mat with a CB folder and burnished the embossing with some Soft Suede ink, then adhered it to another Brushed Gold mat.  I added a glimmer brad, some quilted ribbon in Cherry Cobbler and a few well-placed gold dots with a gold Painty pen:

DSCF9959

On the inside, I added a sentiment from Come to Bethlehem:

DSCF9963 

I hope you’ll be able to play with us using these lovely colors!  You can stop by the Paper Player’s blog to see what the other designers created as well, and share YOUR creation with all of us!  This is the Paper Players’ last challenge of the year and we hope you have a blessed Christmas holiday, and be sure to come back in 2012 for some brand-new challenges!

DSCF0009

19 comments:

/p said...

This its absolutely gorgeous. WOW.

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely - so elegant! The colors are so perfect for this time of year! I have those letters - why haven't I used them?? Or at least these four letters!

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty Leanne! I always love NOEL done up! Had to stop and comment!

Shelley C said...

This is a beautiful card.

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours Leanne. Love the letters and sponged EF panel.

Unknown said...

ooooooooooh, I LOVE the dry embossing on the gold piece, LeAnne! and of course the sentiment is PERFECT, but I confess, I'm a little biased about "Noel" ;) Hope you are having a great weekend! hugs! :)

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card! I've always loved that alphabet set.

Patti Willey said...

Yes it's a show stopper! Your letters take center stage! I also adore your sentiment inside, nicely stamped and so pretty!

Cassidy, love your blue eyes baby!

Patti said...

Beautiful and definitely regal looking.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Then inside is just as fantastic as the outside!

Chris R. from Iowa

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love the Noel and the pretty embossing and the colors. Beautiful card!

dpkennedy said...

Very elegant card!

Denise Willerton said...

Love Love Love this card LeAnne ~ hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the last few weeks before Christmas ~ our son & wife arrived last night and now all my ducks are in a row once again *smile* Blessings to you and your family

Ann Schach said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen, LeAnne! It is perfect in so many ways!

Nance Leedy said...

I am so glad you showed us all the little details because up close they are stunning1 I love the ink on the brushed gold cardstock--it really makes the embossing pop. The little pops of gold on the letters is the perfect touch and I REALLY love the background and inside stamping with the flourish...stunning!

Lesley said...

Love the combo of stamps you used LeAnne, the letters work so well with the flourish you used! What a beautiful card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Everything about this one is gorgeous, LeAnne! The elegance, the design and all of those fabulous flourishes. Wow! :)

jjcreations said...

This card is just beautiful LeAnne. I love those letters, they're so nostalgic! Gorgeous inside and out.

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, This is such a great card both inside and out. I love how you took the background into the interior of the card. The Lovely Letters are just perfect for the Noel sentiment. Just beautiful!