Thursday, December 22, 2011

Star Ornament HSS98

DSCF0221
Sorry, these photos are not too good---it’s been rainy & dreary here for several days, not good for photography!  The challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments is to create a card with a unique fold. 
Unique Folds
Although this isn’t a card, it does have some folds!  And I know that I saved the directions from someone’s blog for this ornament, but for the life of me I cannot locate it now…I had to do it from memory!  But I’ll keep looking!  Edited to add:  Here is a link to Dawn's blog -not my original source, but this is the same style:  Folded Star Ornament.  So here we go:
DSCF0219DSCF0225
The basic star requires five squares of card stock; you can make them any size, these are 2” square.  Again, I’ll try to find the directions or maybe write up a tutorial if anyone is interested.  It’s pretty easy!  The neat thing is that when you pull the button up and fold the star together, it looks like this:
DSCF0221-1 DSCF0223 Neat, huh?  I will tell you that there needs to be some tension between the ribbon & the button; if it slides too easily, it will not hold together.  I used Crumb Cake cardstock with Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede ink; the snowflakes were from Winter Post, Short & Sweet, and Every Little Bit; the sentiment is from Pennant Parade. 
Cassidy had a really cute outfit on yesterday, but it was really hard to get one good picture of it!  Here’s a couple….you can see that one of her favorite activities is strewing old VCR tapes and DVD cases all over the floor!!
DSCF0215 DSCF0203 DSCF0204
Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you did this from memory?? I am very impressed! This is a really cute ornament - love how it folds up and then just blooms! And your little bloomer looks fabulous in pink cowboy boots! Have a wonderful holiday!

Bev J. said...

Neat ornament and Cassidy pics. In the last one she might be doing the Boot Scootin' Boogie. Merry Christmas!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Leanne, this is a great ornament! So cool! If you ever find the instructions, I'd love them! And Cassidy is getting even cuter...looking little a big girl today! Darling! Merry Christmas!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

There's no "ugly stage" in Cassidy's life!!! Every child goes through one! This child is magnificent and looks EXACTLY like you.

Linda said...

I did a these in a video for a LESSology project and on that I said I got the idea from... stampingwithtami Pop Up WOW Ornament.
There you go mystery solved. I love how yours turned out and that you used a button. Great idea.
I also love those pink booths. Grandma needs a pair of those.
She is soooo adorable.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love how it folds up for storing. I also love the vintage feel with the colors and the images. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

LeroyLime said...

such a beautiful ornament Leanne, can't believe you did it from memory, wow! :) Have a very Merry Christmas!! and thanks for playing over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous job LeAnne... that's the same style I used to make mine, but I have no idea how you managed to stamp on it and have it all line up! Tutorial please:)

windycindy said...

"Happy Holidays!"
I would love the instructions for
this adorable star ornament. They
would make great small gifts and
tags...Cassidy is a doll!
Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Dawn said...

Cute ornament! I can't believe you did it from memory! I would love directions if you run across them. I love Cassidy's pink cowgirl boots, so fun! Merry Christmas!

Marisa said...

Great star! Thanks for the link. Love the colours you used as well as the stamps. Darling pics of Cassidy. The big one is my fave. She is looking so much more like a little toddler now. They grow up soooo quickly. Have a blessed Christmas :)

Krista said...

Way cool! I'm gonna make some of these now for my little gift I like to give everyone. I love your color combo and the nice sponging you did, too..adds such a nice dimension. THanks for sharing the link to the tutorial. I do that all the time....see something, make it, then forget where I learned it. THank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous ornament, wow!! And Cassidy has a cute outfit on every day, but look at dem pink boots! Ye-Haw!!
Have a very Merry Christmas :)

inkedx2 said...

Oh My gosh this is so adorable. I love how it folds up into a small book. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Julie Marshall said...

Oh.my.gosh. We all need a pair of those pinky-purply boots. How cute! Oh yeah...LOVE your project too ;)