Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ColourQ 116

DSCF0141-1

Happy Tuesday!  Another ColourQ day, and the days to Christmas are looming near!  My nieces and nephews get the gift of CASH from their Pugliese  aunt & uncle,  so I used this week’s challenge to make a little gift holder.  First, the challenge:

cqc116

and here’s my holder:

CQC116-LeAnne

This was a fun one to make!  You may recognize my little snowman…I used him a couple weeks ago, but this time added some watercolored trees and gifts to a couple of snow-covered hills.

DSCF0143-1

The base of my card is two Top Notes cut from Crumb Cake cardstock; the cover one is scored at the top and adhered to the bottom one with some Sticky Strip.  (My large tree, although it looks a bit turquoise, IS Glorious Green, believe it or not!)  On the inside, a little 3x3 envelope fits perfectly, and of course, it had to be decorated as well:

DSCF0145 

Isn’t that spiffy?  Then I can just slip in the gift and the whole thing fits in a standard envelope!  I did add some glitter and a little twist of wired tinsel for some extra fun!  I hope you’ll find some time in your busy schedule for yourself---to stamp, of course---and share it with us.  Skate on over to the CQC blog to see what the other creative souls have made this week!  And speaking of snowmen, my dear friend Sara gave Cassidy this little snowman for Christmas. and they’re sharing an apple bar together!

DSCF0191

7 comments:

None None said...

Super cute, LeAnne! I took the cheater route this year for the gift cards that we give those hard to shop for folks in our families - they either went into mass-produced GC holders or I wrapped them up in tissue paper and stuck them in a bag. LOL I am planning to make a ton of tags today though, if I have the strength.

Talk to you soon!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the touch of tinsel.

Marlena M. said...

Awww, your scene is so whimsically cute. Cassidy is adorable- she seems to love her new buddy. ;)

Linda said...

Yes that is very "Spiffy" You are one spiffy lady! Very cute. I love the font on that stamp.
Cassidy is doing such a nice job feeding her friend.

dpkennedy said...

This is so sweet! I love the garland!

Heather said...

I LOVE this card! It is so sweet and fun. You are so creative!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

It's spiffy all right! Love that little Snowman stamp and the trees. I have been so busy the last couple of weeks I have missed looking at your blog and making up for it tonight!! lol

Hugs
Shirley