Friday, November 10, 2023

Woodland Friends Hello

Happy Friday, peeps! It's the start of a crazy weekend for the Pugliese family, so this will be short and sweet! My friend Michele, who is one of the most creative people in the whole wide card-making world, "enabled" me to get the Waffle Flower Postage Stamp bundle of stamps and stencils, and I finally sat down and made a card with it....my first attempt, so I'm a little rusty, but I admit that it was a lot of fun!  So here we go:


I know I need more practice on the blending of the open areas, so I'm going to work on that!  My critter images are from a sweet little CTMH set called Woodland Greetings, and the postage-related stamps are from Waffle Flower.  Each little animal was stamped in Memento Black, then colored with Blends and a white gel pen:



I mounted it all on an Old Olive card base; for my first one, it's pretty basic, no bells or whistles!  This is going to a friend of John's who just had knee surgery, so it's off, winging its way to its recipient!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Woodland Greetings (Close to My Heart), Postage Collage (Waffle Flower)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Old Olive
 Ink Memento Black, Pecan Pie, Grapefruit Grove (ret), Lemon Lolly, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Postage Collage Stencil & Die Bundle (Waffle Flower), Blending Brushes, Blends

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, you did a marvelous job on this card. It would seem too time consuming for me. I'm sure John's friend will totally enjoy it.

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is beautiful. So cute and whimsy...which I love and you did a fine job on all of it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol L said...

I just absolutely love this card! With today's postal rates ever climbing, I've considered making postcards and this would be a perfect one - surely one to confuse the post office as to which side to cancel LOL Wonderful coloring on all those cute little critters

Bonnie said...

So sweet, LeAnne! Your backgrounds look great to me and so do your sweet critters!

I Card Everyone said...

OH!! LeAnne you really make a fantastic premier with this die! Having that 'masking stencil' is key, isn't it? I LOVE all the little forest creatures you've included on your postage stamps - beautifully COLORED, and blended, in my opinion!
=]

Nancy said...

This is wonderful, LeAnne! I am so tempted to get this set too! Perhaps Santa will bring it to me! You did a fabulous job!