Monday, November 6, 2023

Letter To Santa

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I have a cute little card today; it uses the sketch from Inspire.Create and a theme from Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge:


There is lots of inspiration in the photo...I love all the red and white!  But I remembered that there is a little mailbox in the Stamped With Love set that I don't think I used but once, so I paired it with some One Horse Sleigh DSP and came up with this:


I heat embossed the mailbox in white on Sweet Sorbet and added some shading. I diecut some foliage from the Magic Meadow dies and colored them with blends to tuck behind it.  I added a Basic Borders diecut border from Shaded Spruce and embossed the top layer with the Wintery embossing folder:

The sentiment is from a retired set called Oh What Fun (I cut apart the original sentiment and added the "to"), diecut it with the Stylish Shapes dies and tucked it under a silver-edged bow.  The final embellishments were a few rhinestones at the top!


I had an extra sprig of greenery, so I added it to the inside along with a Brightest Glow sentiment:


I love the cheerfulness of this!  And I just realized this fits the criteria at As You See It:



Thanks for visiting today!

A couple of Eagles fans, just chillin'!  And they won!


 Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Sing praise to the Lord, all his faithful people!  Remember what the Holy One has done, and give him thanks! His anger lasts only a moment, his goodness for a lifetime.  Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:4-5


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stamped With Love, Brightest Glow, Oh What Fun (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Shaded Spruce, One Horse Sleigh DSP
 Ink Craft White, Real Red, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Rhinestones, Silver & White Sheer Ribbon, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Basic Borders Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Wintery EF, Heat Tool

15 comments:

Diane said...

Love your beautifully created card and a perfect take on our mood board, your pups are adorably CUTE too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

What an awesome idea for that adorable mailbox in Stamped With Love!! I am totally CASEing this card. Super, super cute!!

Christy Lynn said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love it! I have that Stamped with Love stamp set but I haven't inked it up yet. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration!

Heather said...

Brilliant, LeAnne! What a great use for the cute postal box, and wonderful take on our recipe! I love every perfect detail, lol, so smart! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

What a bundle of festive goodness! The colours are great - you can't really beat the traditional vibe for a Christmas card. The post box and envelope are so cute and I just love an embossed panel! Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It, LeAnne.

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Your card is beautiful. I just got that stamp set last week. Your card is great inspiration to get it out today. Thanks for joining the Inspire.Create challenge.

Lia said...

That's really a nice card and I like the embossed mailbox stamp a lot.
Lia DT POE

Tammy Fite said...

Love this card! And, I have the set--need to pull it out!! Thanks so much for sharing at Inspire.Create!!

Lisa Elton said...

Layered in loveliness, LeAnne! I like the frosty look the embossing gave that cute mailbox!

I Card Everyone said...

oh, oh! It looks like Follow It had a case of the hiccups recently - I'm seeing lots of cards that weren't delivered!
Let's start here and go backwards, shall we?
You 'had me' at ric rac! Santa is going to put right at the top of his 'nice' list!
=]

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Love those pups...and the Eagles.....and your card!

Heather Cooper said...

Way to slay 3 challenges, LeAnne! I love that mailbox and all the greenery around it! This looks so festive! Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen said...

There is a lot to love about this card Leanne! From the mailbox (in sweet sorbet!) to the texture to the ribbon to the green edge! But it's the greenery that wins my heart. I love how it really spotlights the mailbox and little letter! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So fabulous LeAnne - that postbox is a real scene-stealer and I love the festive colour combo. The little letter and delicate foliage make great accents too. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It!