Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hello Fall

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Just a quick post today--this is the card I had originally made for Claire's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, but changed my mind!  It's still a nice card...I'll make it into a birthday card for someone...just had a better idea for the challenge.  So here we go:


I used the right column of plaid, sequins and fall, using an older Die of the Month from Spellbinders for my acorn.  I used some plaid paper for the background along with a Deckle Edge Rectangle panel of Pecan Pie and some little leaves that matched the acorn's cap:


The leaves were punched out with one of the retired Autumn Punch Pack punches, and I colored the edges of them with a Cajun Craze Blend, then added a sequin to each one!  My final touch was a little linen twine bow.  I love this die and try to use it at least once each fall!  Thanks for visiting today!

Although I loved all the flowers at Longwood, this display was my favorite, because I love pumpkins and gourds!  You could enjoy this from all angles....


And I am very curious as to how they got those gourds to grow like that!  The wire trees are so cool, and look at the hanging cage coming down from the top!


So much to look at!


And of course, the plantings complement the whole thing beautifully!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze DSP (ret), Fall Break (Carta Bella)
 Ink
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Linen thread from my stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Deckle Edge Rectangle Dies, Hello Fall Dies (Spellbinder), Autumn Punch Pack Maple Leaf Punch (ret), Blend

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Pretty card, LeAnne! Love the acorn dies done in the 2 colors and that plaid paper is beautiful! A little Linen Thread always finishes off a Fall card nicely! Well done! That Fall display is amazing! They really know how to do it up right, don't they?!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love that big ol' acorn and all the best colors of Fall you've included - especially those little plaid leaves!

What a delight to see this Gourd-geous display - I hope someone roasts those edible ones! I have NO clue about those really long ones - incredible!
=]

Lorraine said...

I love that acorn! And those displays are so beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

I do like it when you bring that pretty acorn out to play! Fabulous autumn card, Leanne and wowee to those gourd displays!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the detail on your acorn die LeAnne - just lovely! The photos of Longwood are fabulous - that looks like a wonderful place to visit at all times of the year!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the dies on your card! And I think those garden displays inspired you - they are gorgeous!