Sunday, November 26, 2023

PP668 Let It Snow Sketch

Happy Sunday, peeps!  I took a little blogging break over Thanksgiving, but I'm back!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Ann is our Paper Players hostess this week and she has an interesting sketch for us; I don't think I've ever done a sketch like it, but it was fun for sure!  Here it is:


As I was lying in bed a couple nights ago, having one of those sleepless nights, I remembered this pretty Let It Snow DSP from a couple of years ago, so I used that as my jumping-off point; here we go:


I had a piece of DSP that was 6" in width; I cut the length to about 4" and laid it on the card front at an angle, so the bottom left and top right corners of the card met the edges of the DSP.  I adhered it, then trimmed off the little triangle pieces left behind!  


I then added some Stitched Rectangle panels and a diecut snowflake from Fun Stampers Journey:


I embellished it with a snowflake sequin and a red rhinestone, then added a diecut Simon Says Stamp sentiment sitting on top of a Radiating Stitches circle on which I had stamped a few red snowflakes.  That diecut circle just reminds me of a paper plate and now I can't get that image out of my head, LOL!  Another SSS sentiment was added to the inside:


I love red and white for Christmas, and I think this was a fun sketch!  I hope you'll play along with our fun sketch too!  Share whatever you create over at the Paper Players blog...can't wait to see it!

I have been following the Springerle House on FB for some time because their springle cookies (made from dough similar to shortbread, then pressed into a mold to create an intricate design) were so beautiful!  They said they had a small shop where they sold some of the cookies (it's mostly mail-order and the bakery is on another site), so I wanted to go see this little shop.  It was about a 45-minute ride, so I conned John into taking me.  I warned him it might not be quite what we expected; needless to say, here is the shop:


It is literally an 10' x 12' shed in someone's back yard!  But it was as cute as a button inside:


John was more intrigued by the construction of the shed than anything else!  I got these ornaments, which are actually made of cookie dough, so they're fragile but should last a long time if cared for properly:


I also got this one, which is not cookie dough, but some sort of volcanic ash and clay (?? I think), then molded and painted:


They're small...no more than a couple of inches high but oh so pretty. They did have samples to taste, but it was an almond one, and I don't like almond, so it's better for me just to look at them!  

Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp), Paper Pumpkin (snowflakes, retired)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Let It Snow Specialty DSP (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Snowflake Sequin (Pretty Pink Posh), Red Rhinestone
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Radiating Stitches Dies, Snowflake Die (Fun Stampers Journey), Christmas Blessings Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love your bright and cheerful red and white Christmas card! Cute paper, beautiful snowflake, and this may help: that little circle made me think of a hand pie!
I'm adding this little cookie shack to my list for 'next time' we take a little ride to PA! Darling ornaments - who could eat such a beautiful cookie? TOM!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

There's something extra special about a red and white Christmas card and yours is just lovely! What a cute little shed and decorated to sweetly!

Linda Callahan said...

Your red ad white card is perfect for the holidays! Pretty snowflake! And I adore the Tiny bake shop!! Who would have thought!?!?

Jan Clothier said...

The diagonal slash of red against the white is really dramatic. I like the snowy pattern of the dsp, reinforcing the snowflake theme. Such an effective card, LeAnne. :-)

Carol L said...

I really like this sketch and the resulting card you made with it. The red and white with a beautiful snowflake adorned with a sequin and red gemstone looks festive and fun. Speaking of fun, that little cookie shop is incredible! What a gem you discovered with all those fun little ornaments!

Lorraine said...

That snowflake is just so pretty against that red background. What a great choice. Cute little shop too! Reminds me of when my husband and I searched out the Tuckaho Cheesecake Factory in South Jersey that we saw advertised on a placemat where we had lunch. Turned out to be an old house that the first floor was converted to a little store in front and bigger kitchen in back. Looks like you found a little gem.

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! The red against the white is absolutely stunning. The framed snowflake is a gorgeous focal point. I LOVE it! Of course, the sentiment is absolutely perfect. Thank you for making my sketch come to life!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

LeAnne this card is stunning! I love the snowflake! TFS

Fran Wing said...

Your card is so bright and festive, LeAnne! You reminded me that I haven't done a "Let it Snow" card yet this season, so must get on that. Those little intricate postage stamp decorations are really cute.
Xoxo, Fran

Suzanne said...

That pack of DSP is one of my all-time favorites. I pull it out every Christmas. Your card is absolutely delightful. I love the big snowflake. My favorite part is how you did the sentiment! Love it.

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh all that red and white makes me smile! That snowflake is beautiful and I love the sentiment in the circle. Everything about this card is fabulous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is just fabulous LeAnne - that snowflake makes a great centrepiece and I love the bold diagonal (I wish I'd made more of this feature!) Your visit looks like fun too - those biscuits are just lovely!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, those gorgeous cookies/ornaments were definitely worth the drive and that shed takes the meaning of small business to another level! I love it! Oh, and I love your card, too. That bright red with all of that white is just fabulous and I love how all of the elements tie to the sentiment.
hugs
jaydee

Ida said...

Very festive and pretty. Love the color combo and that pretty snowflake. I'm not a fan of winter (snow) but I am a fan of your card. - Those cookie ornaments were really cute as well.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love your card! there is something about read and white together that just stops you in your tracks. Clean and classic. that looks like such a fun day trip, too. That little bird ornament is adorable!