Sunday, November 12, 2023

PP666 Traditional Merry Christmas

Happy Sunday, peeps and hope you are having a great weekend! It's Joanne's turn to be our Paper Player's hostess today, and she's chosen a lovely, traditional color palette that is perfect for some holiday creativity:

Ooh, I love any chance to use some gold sparkle in my crafting, and I just chose white as my other color. So here we go:


The Timeless Arrangement bundle is fabulous, and I have discovered that you can use these foliage dies with other shapes and images besides the ones in the set itself.  For my card today, I used a sentiment from Brightest Glow, diecut it with a Stitched Rectangel die, then added various diecuts behind it in Shaded Spruce, Real Red and Gold Glimmer:


I matted it with Real Red before adding the foliage; it all went on a panel embossed with the retired Elegant Dots embossing folder and another Real Red mat.  I originally had thought to put a bow under the "M" in Christmas....I put it to a vote, and Wayne said yes to the bow, Dana and Cassidy said no.  So I went with no bow, LOL!  Sorry, Wayne!

I hope you'll check out what the DT came up with using these colors...I am thinking someone may be clever enough to make a non-holiday card with them!  We'll have to see!  I hope you'll play along too, and add your card to the gallery at the Paper Players!

As I was putting up my Thanksgiving decorations last week, I came across my vintage Thanksgiving postcards! Many readers have said how much they like them, so since yesterday was Veteran's Day, I thought I'd share one of my favorites:


This is not a family postcard; I bought it at an antique shop, so I won't share the info on the back, except the greeting:  "Hurrah! for the US flag and the turkey"!!!  A patriotic turkey, I love it!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Brightest Glow
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Gold Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timeless Arrangements Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder (ret)

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this! It's strikingly beautiful with your collage and the colors. What was Wayne thingking...lol!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card with this color pallete! I love the vintage postcard also!

I Card Everyone said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card in all the best traditional colors of all, LeAnne!
Gobble gobble! It's easy to see why you favor this one!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sparkle from those gold sprigs! Pretty card, LeAnne and a wonderful postcard!

Bonnie said...

What a festive Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the foliage with the green, red and gold! I do enjoy seeing your vintage postcards!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Can't go wrong with those beautiful holiday colors! I love the embossed background, too! Your Thanksgiving postcard is awesome, too! You just don't see stuff like that anymore which is a shame. TFS

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Love the touch of gold sparkle.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! The red, green and gold die cut foliage are striking against the white embossed background. What a perfect way to showcase the challenge colors! Have a wonderful week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this LeAnne - your foliage frames your beautiful large sentiment perfectly and the white background shows off that touch of sparkle beautifully.

Jaydee said...

So pretty, LeAnne. I love all of the foliage with the touch of gold and the texture on the base of the card adds so much wonderful texture.
hugs
jaydee

Fran Wing said...

This card is just lovely, LeAnne! Your sparkly gold foliage is the perfect touch to pump up the bling!
Xoxo, Fran

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Your card is gorgeous. Such a great use of the colors. I love the bold sentiment and embossed background. Oh, and the sparkle.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so beautiful! I love the embossing, the gold sprigs and all the pretty foliage. Just perfect to brighten someone's holidays!