Wednesday, November 15, 2023

TMS733 Give Thanks

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I spent most of yesterday cranking out Thanksgiving cards, and the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches provided a perfect one for using up some scraps in my bin!  Here's the sketch:


I had a bunch of strips cut from All About Autumn DSP for an earlier project, so I trimmed them a bit and created this card:


I stamped the Very Vanilla panel with a tree from the retired Rooted in Nature, stamped the sentiment from Courage and Faith over top, then embossed it with the retired Subtle embossing folder.  I love the effect it creates:


A couple of diecut leaves of Crushed Curry finished it off.  The inside sentiment is from the retired Day of Thanks:


I also made this card, after searching through some retired DSPs...I have been hoarding this pattern but thought it would make a fun Thanksgiving card:


I can't remember the name of the woodland DSP but I know it was a SAB from a few years back; the bottom piece is from Sweet Symmetry.  The sentiment is from Good Greetings, and the woodcut is from Truly Grateful.  It's fun to use some of these older stamps!  The inside is also from Day of Thanks, and it all went on a Poppy Parade card base!



Wayne is a fan of ANY Philadelphia sports team....here the family is at a 76ers game!  Wayne's brother Matt is also a fan...he's next to Cassidy, actually paying attention, LOL!



Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE the first card and the second is a great way to use that particular DSP. I have a lot of it so I'll probably be CASEing it! TFS.

Angieml said...

Love the cards! I believe the woodland dsp was from Rings of Love???

I Card Everyone said...

Two beautiful cards! That Sketch is the perfect way to use some of those wonderful leftovers, LeAnne!
Speaking of... I CANNOT WAIT for Thanksgiving leftovers!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You used those papers perfectly, these are lovely!

Carol L said...

I love the design you chose for your cards, and the first is just stunning with those wonderful papers and embossing. Way to use your older papers on the 2nd card, it's bright and cheery and giving thanks comes in many forms and colors. Great family photos too, I love those smiling faces :)

Linda Callahan said...

A perfect sketch to showcase beautiful paper! Pretty cards!

Donna W. said...

Love the textures and richness of the first card. I like the way you stamped your sentiment over the tree. Going to give that a try. Your second card is just cute and fun.

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are beautiful. Your first card is so rich in Fall colors. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

So classy! I love that verse, AND your cards!! Great to have you create with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches - thank you!

Debbie said...

These are both wonderful, but I absolutely love the fall card!! Wonderful papers and embossing and those leaves!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That