Wednesday, November 22, 2023

RetroRubber 220 Watercolor Birthday

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Are your Thanksgiving plans in high gear?  Lots of things to do! My card today uses the Tic Tac Toe grid from Retro Rubber, and I chose to make a special birthday card!  I chose the left row down of frame, diecut & ribbon:


I wanted to use a set that was still current but would fit the criteria of being at least a year old, so I chose Color & Contour (2021) to create a pretty flower to sit atop my frame:


I used watercolor paper for my image, stamping it first with markers, then using an aquapainter and inks to color it in.  After diecutting it, I mounted it on a Garden Green frame, diecut with the Scalloped Contours die.  I cut an opening in it with the Stitched Rectangle die, which made an interesting double line of stitching!  That all went on a panel of Basic White, embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder, then on a Petal Pink card base:


A sentiment from Best Family Ever was stamped in Poppy Parade (oops, I forgot, this is not an old set...sorry, Retro Rubber!):


A Petal Pink ribbon and some Silver Loose sequins were my added embellishments.  On the inside, more words from Best Family Ever, along with some florals stamped with Versamark ink:


Love that subtle effect!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Color & Contour, Best Family Ever
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor, Garden Green, Petal Pink
 Ink Poppy Parade, Garden Green, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, Ribbon Duo Combo Pack, Silver Loose Sequins
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Markers, Aquapainters, Timeworn Type Embossing Folder

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Very pretty, LeAnne - your cards always make those who receive them glad to be another year older!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love every pretty little element! This is a delightful way to say Happy Birthday! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love the background with that frame! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely! I have this set and have only used it once!!