Thursday, November 9, 2023

KCC689 Velveteen Rabbit

Happy Thursday, stamping friends!  I recently got this stamp from Unity because The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my all-time favorite stories from my childhood!  Such fond memories! And yet I don't think I ever read it to Dana or Cassidy...sadly!  Anyway, it's a sweet little retro image, so I stamped it on some Crumb Cake cardstock, gave it a bit of vintage shabbiness, and here we go:


I watercolored him in with Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand inks, then added a little brightness with a white watercolor pencil.  I masked him off, then stamped various vintage holiday sentiments lightly in the background and then used some Pecan Pie ink to add shading:


The sentiment is from the same set, diecut with a Stylish Shapes die and shabbied up as well; the "hanger" is a stitched strip from Reverse Confetti, and it is hanging on a piece of Very Vanilla velveteen ribbon.  The card base is Cherry Cobbler which was embossed with the Quilt Top embossing folder:


The inside was stamped with an old Cornish Heritage Farms Christmas sentiment:


The Krafty Chicks' challenge this week is Christmas, so I am going to enter this there!  

Speaking of vintage, I follow Ms Bingle; she takes old pieces of jewelry and whatnot and creates new items from them; I happened to see this lovely mermaid and I know my sister likes kitschy, beachy retro stuff, so I checked out Ms Bingle's Etsy Shop thinking I might get it for her:


Yikes!  $300!  I told my sister I love her but not quite that much, LOL!  But while you're there, check out her items....it's a fun little trip!  Thanks for visiting today---enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Velveteen Noel (Unity), Vintage Christmas (Paper Studio), Christmas Expression (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
 Ink Stazon Black, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand (ret), Pecan Pie
Accessories Dimensionals, Velveteen Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Strips Dies (Reverse Confetti), Quilt Top Embossing Folder (Ret), Aquapainter, Blending Brush, White Watercolor Pencil

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I read the Velveteen Rabbit every night to my son when he was little. He had a bunny that looked like the VR and played music. He was so worn, his stuffing was coming out, along with the music box inside. At 18 we had a funeral for him. I love your card, especially in the cherry cobbler. Thank you for my beautiful birthday card!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is such a sweet reminder of this treasured story, LeAnne! Love the shabby chic look! I can see that the mermaid took a lot of time and patience and the price reflects that. Perfect for someone with lots of moola!

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is beautiful! But one read of the Velveteen Rabbit was enough for me - yeow! That went immediately on my never again list along with the Old Yeller movie!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a darling rabbit and he looks so sweet peeking out of the stocking! Wonderful card, LeAnne!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this might be my favorite Christmas card of all time! OH I want that stamp now! See - you do your fair share of enabling, too!
=]

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

You did an amazing job with this card! I feel the vintage and love the colouring. Thank you for sharing in the Krafty Chicks Challenge gallery.
Diane - DT KCC

Helen said...

Love your card - great colour combination.

Thanks for sharing in the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
Guest Chick