Friday, June 30, 2023

AYSI302 Trust in the Lord

Happy Friday, everyone, and happy last day of June! Wow, that month zipped by!  I had a little bit of free stamping time today and I really liked Jan's sketch at As You See It:

I needed a sympathy card, so I gathered up my supplies and here's what I came up with:


I always forget that the Bible verse from Courage & Faith, along with the images on each side, are pretty large!!  But after stamping and coloring them, I didn't want to give up, so I used the Countryside Corners dies to cut them out, (running the panel through two times to shorten it) then mounted the panel on some Inked Botanicals DSP and a Lost Lagoon card base.  


The words were stamped in Lost Lagoon, the foliage in Soft Seafoam, and the foliage was then colored in with a Blend and some ink.  I added a Lost Lagoon ribbon and some retired gems, then stamped two sentiments from Lasting Joy in the inside:


I also embossed the front of the card with the Leaf Fall embossing folder!  Now, it's off to write some consoling words and pop it in the mail!  Thanks so much for stopping by today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.  Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will be swept away.  
1 Samuel 12:24-25

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lasting Joy, Courage & Faith
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lost Lagoon, Inked Botanicals DSP
 Ink Lost Lagoon, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Lost Lagoon Ribbon, Iridescent Gems (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Countryside Corners Dies, Leaf Fall Embossing Folder, Aquapainter, Blends

10 comments:

Heather said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne - I love this set so much! So beautifully designed - love that touch of ribbon, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these soft blue-greens LeAnne and your sentiment is framed perfectly. Love the ribbon addition too. A great card for our AYSI sketch this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Layered in loveliness and a wonderful way to send your sympathies!

Linda Callahan said...

June has totally zipped by for sure! Lovely card!

I Card Everyone said...

A beautiful carrier for your condolences, LeAnne.
=]

Wendy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! I love the colors that you used and the Leaf EF gives a nice texture to your card, too! Your not kidding...June definitely flew by! TFS and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely card, LeAnne. I especially like the leaves embossed at the back that are echoed in the soft curve of the sentiment label. The soft colours you've used are elegaic without being too sombre - nice choice. Thank you for joining in with our sketch at As You See It.

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's so lovely LeAnne - clever use of the leaves beside the verse which really emphasises the layout. Always good to have you playing along at As You See It Challenge

Jane Knudsen said...

This is luscious! I am happy to have lost lagoon back and you paired it beautifully with the soft seafoam. The sentiment is beautiful! But that embossing - I love!! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

This is a lovely and comforting card, Leanne! I really like your colour palette. Lost Lagoon and Soft Sea Foam are so great together. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!