Saturday, June 24, 2023

AYSI301 Speedy Seashells

Happy Saturday, peeps!  The As You See It challenge is a speed challenge this week, and the theme is seashells:


Since the start of this summer has been rather "un-sunny", I jumped at the chance to do a sunny, seashore-themed card!  I gathered all my supplies together and went to work:


I already had the Crumb Cake cardstock cut to make a 4 1/4" square card; the shells were stamped in Versafine Black ink on watercolor paper and watercolored (very quickly!), then fussy cut.  I did have a time where I had to stop the clock when I dropped an entire bag of sequins on my craft room floor!!!  But altogether, after re-starting the clock, adding the sequins and a little baker's twine trim, the clock stopped at 9:15!  Just in the nick of time!


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Swirly Seashells (Close to My Heart), Seashells (Crafty Secrets)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Watercolor (ret), Sand & Sea DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride (ret)
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Dimensionals, Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Aquapainter

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I have never made a card that fast! This is adorable!

Heather said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne - what a pretty set and sentiment - it all coordinates perfectly! So sorry to hear about the sequin accident - I've been there, lol. What a mess, lol. And still an awesome time! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Kim S said...

I LOVE this. The sandy background with the cute little shells is absolutely charming - and the Crisp Cantaloupe is such a fun color for it!

Jan Clothier said...

What a total sweetie! The sand background paper is perfect - your stash at work again. The bright shells and twine are so summery - just what I need on this gray wintery day! Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It. :-)

I Card Everyone said...

I can't believe it - but you ARE that good! Your card is wonderful, and I love the sentiment!
=]

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this LeAnne! Your dsp stash must be huge - you always have the right papers for any challenge! Your fussy cut seashells are fun and really pop against the paper! I love me some sequins - but it must have been a nightmare to pick up! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors, this is fabulous!!

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's a fab card, LeAnne! What a nightmare to drop your sequins - hope you managed to save them all! Thanks for joining our speed challenge at As You See It

Heather Cooper said...

Oh, LeAnne, the sequin spill is just the kind of thing that happens to me every time I do a speed challenge. I think the pressure of the time limit does something to make me "all thumbs"! I'm sorry you had to do that clean up job, but your card is just marvelous. I love that "quick watercolour job"! It looks so artistic! Thanks for getting your speed on with us at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this LeAnne - that sandy background is perfect and your trio of colourful shells add to the beachy feel. Love that sentiment too. So glad the card took less time that the sequin clean up!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE this LeAnne! I had to laugh a little about the sequins! Love the shells and the sentiment. Great make!