Monday, June 19, 2023

FMS590 You're A Good Egg

Happy Monday, peeps!  I will be busy today as I have stampers coming tonight, but I wanted to squeak in a card for the FMS sketch before it ended!  I am not sure if my friend Beth will have received this in the mail yet, if she hasn't, she'll get a sneak peek!  Before I explain, let me show you the sketch:

And here's my card; I pulled out some retired goodies for this one:


Remember Hey Chick?  I stamped that crazy chicken with some Stazon ink and watercolored her, then stuck her in a little "crate" made from He's the Man DSP.  Her "straw" is from the Basket Builder Framelits!  I stamped the word "thanks" on a Conversation Bubble diecut and added another one behind it for some contrast:


And here's the inside, using another Conversation Bubbles die:


So, what prompted my chicken-themed thank you?  Beth saw the post where Cassidy was learning to separate eggs, so she sent us both these adorable egg separators:


Isn't that the cutest thing?  The feet hang on to the edge of the bowl and you just crack the egg over the openings and the white slides right into the bowl!  Haven't used it yet, but I can't wait to try it!  Thanks again, Beth!  And thank you for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Best Family Ever, Hey Chick (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Basic White, Poppy Parade, So Saffron (ret), He's the Man DSP (ret), Day at the Farm DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Crused Curry, Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals, Candy Dots (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Conversation Bubbles Dies (ret), Basket Builder Framelits (ret), Stitched Strips Dies (Pretty Pink Posh)

15 comments:

Diane said...

Love the card.
Love the egg separator too. Must try and find one in the U.K. as I always manage to break one egg when separating the white from the yolk

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, I love the Hey Chick set still and your card is so cute and clever with that crate. Beth will be pleased to receive your creation. What a cool egg separator! Have a blessed day.

Carol L said...

oh how cute! I just had this very stamp set in my hand a day ago but never used it! I love the hay the chicken is sitting in - it's just too much fun!

Bonnie said...

LOL! A wonderful to say thank you or anything else, LeAnne! This chick always brings a smile to my face!

Tracy Grauer said...

Love the card and the egg separator!

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh my goodness, this design is so adorably cute, but the story of the egg separator makes it beyond perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week - I'm off to search Amazon for egg separators. LOL

Linda Callahan said...

Great way to use the sketch! Love this - so cute!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, LeAnne! She is my favorite chick of all!! I really need to get that set out again soon! LOve every single bit of this darling card - it might be my new favorite - and OH that chicken wire!
Don't tell Cassidy but I use my hand - of course it's impeccably clean! Beth's gift will be far less messy and yes it is so cute!
=]

Kim S said...

What a fun card! LOVE the crate and the straw you made for her. And I LOVE that you matched it to the gift you got! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Just adorable! I love that Hey Chick set and you have given it life!

Karren said...

This is such a fun card! That chick is hilarious and the way you've used the sketch is genius. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Beth Kochheiser said...

Oh LeAnne, how cute!! And I haven't received the card yet because my husband and I are traveling in South Dakota!!
Now I cant wait to get home & open the mail. Love the card & chick!!
Beth

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is adorable, LeAnne! Love the papers and how you created the nest. Your chick is colored so brightly which I love! Great job on the sketch and I love the Egg Separator!!

Fran Wing said...

What a fabulous card, LeAnne, and congrats on your win! The story behind it makes it even that much more wonderful!
Xoxo, Fran

Jeanne H said...

Absolutely adorable chick! TFS