Sunday, June 11, 2023

PP644 Color Challenge and a Faux Pas

Happy Sunday, peeps! It's picnic time today at church, looking forward to spending time with my church family on this gorgeous Sunday!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge too, with Anne Marie as our hostess.  She has a wonderful color palette for us today, and I am loving it!  Here we go:

I was so excited to make my card...I actually made it a couple of days ago and I used Circle Sayings and a sentiment from Nature's Prints:


Probably at first glance, the card seems fine---heat-embossed design, watercolored with inks and an aquapainter, a fun sketch and lots of texture!  However, check out the sentiments:


"Sending you a a heartfelt thank you".....duh, I have two "a's" in the sentiment.  On yesterday's card, I remembered to trim off one of the "a's" but on this one, I forgot!  I went to retrieve the card to repair it and realized it had already gone out in the mail to one of my customers!  Gee whizzies!  What a goofball!  Hopefully she'll get a giggle out of it or maybe she won't notice!  Anyway, I used the sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday:


along with some Lost Lagoon DSP and a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock embossed with the Cane Weave EF.  I added a little bit of Lemon Lolly zigzag cardstock for the horizontal piece, topped with a wee little Basic White sliver, diecut with the Nested Essentials dies!

I hope you'll play along with our pretty color combo this week....be sure to zoom over to the Paper Players to see what amazing creations our design team came up with too!  Then share yours with us as well!  

I had a little visitor on my hummingbird feeder yesterday:



In all my years of birding, I don't think I've ever seen a swallowtail on my feeder!  So cool!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God.  God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.  Ecclesiastes 5:2

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Circle Sayings, Nature's Prints
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon
 Ink Craft White, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Basic Borders Dies, Nested Essentials Dies, Cane Weave Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter, 2 3/8" Circle Punch, Radiating Stitches Dies

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I really love what you've done with the color challenge, LeAnne! I would have not noticed the boo boo's if you would not have said something. LOL I'm not awake yet either but love the heat embossed image, the colors and the added texture, too! If your stamping friend is like me, she probably won't notice! TFS and have a wonderful Sunday at your church picnic! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

All I noticed was the beauteousness of your creation. Even when you pointed out the faux pas, I still didn't catch it...lol! What a beautiful photo. You have blessed my day. TFS. Have fun at the picnic.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you had me at that gorgeous embossing - again! I read your sentiment four times and saw nothing wrong with it! In fact, after you told us I still went back to check it again! LOL It's beautifully layered, colored, and designed - the recipient will NEVER see that hiccup!
Tom and I both just said 'well I've never!' Are they early and the flowers they like the most haven't bloomed yet? Who knows?! But you sure were lucky to have that little visitor and got a great shot of him!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty color combo and I do love the way you've used it! Marvelous card, LeAnne even with the little blip! Marvelous shot of that butterfly too!

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, I didn't even notice the double "A" until you pointed it out... it's beautiful as it is! Love your choice of colors and how you used our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch to create your card!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! -Donna

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'll confess, I did notice the double 'a' but honestly it doesn't detract from the fabulous card (and would have been an easy fix if you hadn't already mailed it - go you for being so efficient though!!) You are making me think I need to add this set to my collection - I really like that wave image and I love the way you layered it up on this card. Gorgeous! And that butterfly - wow!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I didn't notice the other A either as there are so many wonderful things to look at. I love the layout and your selective use of the lemon. Fabulous card. Oh... your butterflies... they will love rotting fruit if you have any bits and pieces left over. bananas, orange pieces, etc.
hugs
jaydee

Fran Wing said...

This is a a great card, LeAnne - har har har! Seriously, the white heat embossing if fabulous as is the texture of the background.
Xoxo, Fran

Suzanne said...

Leanne, I love that you went with the green as the main color on your card, it is so bright and cheerful. Suzy

Ann Schach said...

What yummy texture, LeAnne! I love how you made Lost Lagoon the main color with touches of Lemon Lolly as an accent. Until you mentioned it, I never noticed the extra "a"! I love this Circle Sayings image and how you colored it. Such a lovely card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty LeAnne! Love the added texture and dimension on your card, too. The popped-up banner is so eye-catching. Thanks for rocking my colors this week! :)

Anna said...

What a lovely card. I hate when I realize a mistake like that after I finished a card. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team