Thursday, June 1, 2023

Inkspirational 290 Thank You for Being My Friend

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Happy June 1!  We're on the downhill slide to the weekend! My friend Jaydee had a pretty card on her blog recently and it directed me to the mood board at Inkspirational:


Aren't those colors yummy?!  I was reminded of a retired SU stencil that I had, and since they scare me a little, I rarely use them! So I mustered up my courage, gathered up some colors and blending brushes and went to work:


I used inks in Old Olive, Parakeet Party, Petal Pink and Calypso Coral for my blending, and a sentiment from Timeless Arrangements, diecut with the matching die.  The dies come with little sprigs to attach behind the sentiment box:


I diecut sprigs in Parakeet Party and Calypso Coral, but I flipped the Parakeet ones around and cut them apart to tuck between the Coral ones so they were aimed in the opposite direction.  Now, I have a question; the back sides of the diecuts never look as clean as the front sides; I say that the back sides look "crusty", LOL!   So do any of my expert stamping friends know a trick to get the back side to look a little less "unprofessional" and more finished?  Sometimes I try to rub them with my bone folder to flatten them out, but these are so delicate, I didn't want to try to do that. So any suggestions would be helpful!  

Anyway, all of this went on a Parakeet Party card base and all in all, I like the finished effect.  I was concerned about blending these colors together but I think it worked!  Thanks for hanging in there with me today---enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Timeless Arrangements
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral
 Ink Old Olive, Parakeet Party, Petal Pink, Calypso Coral
Accessories Dimensionals, Basic Patterns Decorative Masks (Stencils, ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timeless Arrangements Dies, Blending Brushes

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

As soon as I saw the Inkspirational colors, I thought to myself "that is sooooo LeAnne"! I LOVE your card. Blessed is the person who receives it. I can't believe it's hurricane season already today. I'll try to think of it only as June 1...lol. Our area has not recovered from Ian yet. Yesterday was not a nice day and it kept the weather people busy.

Wendy said...

So colorful & perfect for the mood board, LeAnne! I love using the stencils just always forget about them! Great job and love how your card turned out! No advice on using the opposite side of a diecut. I guess I am just a bit OCD when it comes to that. TFS and have a great day!

ebethk said...

Such a beautiful card and fabulous stenciling! I love the effect when I use my stencils.
I'm interested to learn if anyone else has any good tricks for the die cuts. It always annoys me
but really a problem with those tiny leaves.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

You knocked this out of the park, LeAnne!! I need to move my stencils closer to my desk so I use them more often.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Forgot to add this... I wonder if running the "backward" die cuts through the machine with just the plates would flatten them out?

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this goes right to the top of my LeAnne Originals! SO perfectly blended - I had no problem seeing where your inspiration came from!
Thank YOU for being my friend and brightening up my day!
=]

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous stencil LeAnne - and SO pretty using the colors in the Moodboard! Your little stems tucked behind the sentiment are so sweet too! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

I see no signs of fear here, LeAnne! Your stenciling looks fabulous, you should do it more often. The colors are pretty and I like the little sprigs you tucked behind the sentiment. PRETTY card!