Monday, June 26, 2023

CAS260 Love You Always

 Happy Monday, everyone!  I have Cassidy this week and it's basketball camp week! She really loves her basketball so hopefully she'll learn some new skills and hone up the ones she's working on!  I have a quick clean-and-simple card today for the CAS On Sunday challenge, which is "love"!  It's hard not to think of pink, red and Valentines when making a "love" card, so I tried to think outside the box a bit and just used a simple sentiment and floral image, along with a couple of embellishments:


I managed to use up a few scraps on this card!  The piece of watercolor paper was one I didn't use from another project...I just turned it over and used the other side, LOL!  I love the font on this sentiment; it's from the new Stamped With Love set, and since I already had Dainty Delight on my desk, I chose the small Queen Anne's lace image, stamping it in Soft Seafoam ink.  I used a retired piece of baker's twine to give a little accent and colored some retired Candy Dots with a Black Blend for the corner:


Simple and easy!

Dana took a stained glass class yesterday at a local winery and she shared with me what she made:


The dragonfly started with pieces of stained and clear glass and a silver fork with the top cut off!  Dana placed dried flowers on one piece of glass, then covered it with another one, making a "sandwich" to create the top wings. 


Then she learned how to solder the foil and flux together with the soldering iron; she said it was a little tricky but I think she did pretty well for the first time!


Thanks so much for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dainty Delight, Stamped with Love, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Soft Seafoam, Watercolor, Basic Black
 Ink Versafine Black, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Candy Dots (ret), Black & White Baker's Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     1/8" Hole Punch

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is the sweetest card, LeAnne! I love the green and black and how you've stamped the sentiment over the sweet flower! Dana did a wonderful dragonfly! It looks like fun!

Carol L said...

Your CAS card is a beauty with those subtle colors and wonderful design! Dana did a great job with that dragonfly too, how pretty are those floral wings! Have a great Monday!

beverly said...

WOW! for the lovely dragonfly Dana made. Looks like she is talented in many areas that you've shown on your blog...following after you and your talents.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is a wonderful sentiment of love and I LOve Queen Anne's lace!
Have fun with Miss C this week - and you have a very clever and crafty daughter - gee, I wonder where she gets that?! x
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is CAS prettiness, LeAnne! Dana's project is so pretty. I like the floral wings! Enjoy Cassidy this week!