Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A Sweet Birthday

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I have a sweet birthday card today; this is for a sweet friend of mine who is also one of the best bakers I know, so I hope she likes it!  I am squeaking in the Color Hues challenge of red and aqua as well as the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:







I found some red plaid paper in my stash, pulled out a cute Lawn Fawn set called Baked with Love, and went to work:


All the images were stamped in Versafine ink and colored with Blends or Copics, then diecut with the matching dies.  I adhered them on top of a Basic White circle, matted with a Pool Party scallop. I added a sentiment from the same set along with some enamel dots from my stash:


I forgot to take a picture of the inside, but it said "You're the Icing on the Cake"!  So cute!  Thanks so much for popping in today---enjoy your day and be blessed!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.  Proverbs 17:17


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Baked with Love (Lawn Fawn), Whittle Sayings (Poppystamps)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pool Party, Real Red, Huckleberry Pie DSP (American Crafts)
 Ink Versafine Black, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals, Enamel Dots from my Stash (maybe W+9)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circles Dies (ret), Baked with Love Dies (Lawn Fawn), Copics, Blends, Wink of Stella

10 comments:

Wendy said...

What a sweet birthday card, LeAnne! Just love the colors and that gingham red paper! Everything is colored so beautifully! To be honest, you had me at cupcake! LOL They are so my downfall. I am sure your friend is going to love this card!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is the cutest baking session I've ever seen! Not one bi of mess or dirty dish to wash either!
LOve that red diagonal plaid - such a wonderful jumping off point for your darling design.
=]

Nancy said...

LeAnne, Your baking friend is going to love this! It is just perfect for our colors at Color Hues too. I love to bake and in fact, have an aqua mixer too. I am off to see if this set is still available. Thanks for enabling me and thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a sweet and pretty card, LeAnne! The baking theme is a great way to use our colors, and the gingham knocks it up a notch! Thanks for inspiring us at Color Hues.

Stef Perry said...

What a delightful card LeAnne! That baking set is just too fun and obviously your friend will love the "sweet" personalization! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne this is a perfect card for a friend who loves to bake. I love the cute images you coloured with aqua & red and then arranged then perfectly on your card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues.

Dena J said...

My very favorite color combination LeAnne! Always so bright and fun. This is a really wonderful card. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Brandi said...

OMG....adorable and so much fun! I love the red and aqua together on this one, perfect! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Allisa said...

Such a fun card, love the super cute mix of elements! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

StinkerbellSteph said...

So cuteeee