Saturday, June 10, 2023

A Christmas Cup of Cheer

Happy Saturday, peeps! I have had a busy couple of days with Cassidy; Thursday we went to see the new Spiderman movie---let me say, it is not for the faint of heart!  But she loved it, and that's all that matters! I did have a few moments yesterday to make a card; the FMS sketch was quite challenging (thanks, Linda!) but I really wanted to have a go at it, and I paired it with the Jingle Belles challenge of a Caffeinated Christmas!  You could add the option of making it a masculine Christmas card....but I think I'll just say this for anyone who might like a cup of cheer!  So here's the sketch:

And here we go:


I used the retired sets called Merry Cafe and Coffee Cafe, stamping my images on some designer paper and fussy-cutting them out.  I added holly from the Quilt Builder dies, and the diecut sentiment is from Concord & 9th.  The circle in the background was sponged with Pecan Pie ink using a circle stencil. Finally, I added  a partial sentiment from Circle Sayings to finish off the little sentiment "thought".  I had to cut off the "a" because I already had an "a" on sentiment banner! (More about that on tomorrow's blog post too!)  I admit that I wasn't quite sure how this card was going to turn out....you know when you have an idea in your head, but it doesn't quite translate to cardstock?  Anyway, I persevered and in the end, it wasn't too bad.  I wish my snowflakes were a little whiter.


Anyway, there it is...another addition to my Christmas card stash!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge too!  Thanks for visiting today!

Grampy told Cassidy he needed some cake, so she went online and found a recipe to make! (You can see it here. I would have just gotten a box mix, LOL!)  But she wanted to do it, so we got started.  She was a little confused about how much butter was 2/3 of a cup, as the measurements on the butter paper weren't clear to her.  So we got that figured out.  Then she needed SIX egg whites....it was not an angel food cake but just a white cake so at least we didn't have to beat the whites.  She got quite adept at separating the yolks from the whites!

After some help from Grammy, we finally got everything in the oven; lately I have been baking smaller cakes,  and using the extra batter for cupcakes.  John takes the cupcakes to his friends at the nursing home he visits and the smaller cake is better for just the two of us!  The cake turned out great but Cassidy asked Grampy if she could dye the icing blue....at least it's light blue! I don't eat "blue"!


She is getting better using the offset spatula....practice makes perfect!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Circle Sayings, Coffee Cafe (ret), Merry Cafe (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Call Me Clover, Lights Aglow DSP (ret), All is Bright DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Versafine Black, Craft White, Cherry Cobbler, Pecan Pie
Accessories Enamel Dots (unknown), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Mchine, Quilt Builder Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies, Season of Cheer Dies (Concord & 9th)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

My word, that girl is growing like a weed! And look at her with searching online for cake recipes! WOW, you go Miss Cassidy! I loved seeing the pictures from start to finish and I suspect that the cupcakes were amazing! I think I may need to try that recipe so thank you for sharing it! Loved your adorable Christmas card, LeAnne! I bet a cup of joe would go beautifully with one of those cupcakes! I'm a sucker for cupcakes....definitely one of my downfalls! Great job on building your holiday stash, too! TFS and enjoy your Saturday! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, you did a fantastic job on the sketch. Love your card. Cassidy is becoming such a talented and beautiful young lady. You are blessed. I'm not a cake person nor a blue icing fan! So, you are not alone!!

I Card Everyone said...

Yours is a fabulous cup o' cheer, LeAnne - love the patterned papers you've chose for piecing the parts of this cup! That little bit of Holly takes it to Christmas just perfectly!
Ahhh I am happy the Cooking with Cassidy season begins - well done, young lady! I might have asked you for a different color frosting but it looks delicious in any color.
LeAnne, I love that little picture of that big pig!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

I think it's great that Cassidy loves to cook & bake!
It was creative of her to use blue icing! The color would not have stopped me from eating the cake, for sure! And blue is my fav color.
Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

lisa808 said...

What a 'cheer'ful card! I still have those sets too!

Wow, Cassidy looks so much like Dana. What a fun time the two of you had. Hard to believe she is so grown up already.

SmilynStef said...

love the white-on-kraft for the background ... and great use of the sketch too ... so very glad you joined our Caffeinated Christmas at Jingle Belles

Linda Callahan said...

Your. Card is a perfect addition to your holiday stash! And I love seeing the adventures of Miss C!

Jen Timko said...

Looks like such a fun day in the kitchen! Love this fun holiday card. Such a clever take on the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

What a great way to use the sketch! And as if the sketch wasn't enough of a challenge, you've combined it with another! Fabulous card, LeAnne!

lauren bergold said...

Oh WOW, what an incredibly lovely card and an outstanding version of the sketch! And as always I'm amazed by Cassidy's talents (AND by how very very grown up and beautiful she is looking these days!) So pleased you could join our holiday coffee fun with Jingle Belles and Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!