Sunday, June 18, 2023

PP645 CAS One-Layer Father's Day

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's Father's Day here in the US, and also time for a new Paper Players challenge with Jaydee as our hostess!  And it's Clean-and-Simple time!  Here's her CAS theme:

ONE LAYER!  That means just one piece of cardstock, folded in half, then stamped!!  I had lots of ideas but one-layer is challenging, isn't it? I kept wanting to add more stuff!  In the end, this is the one-layer notecard I created:


I hadn't broken into my Gone Fishing set yet, and Wayne is an avid fisherman, so I thought it would be a perfect way to create a Father's Day card for him.  I originally started on a regular-sized card, but the images looked a little dwarfed, so I trimmed it down to a note card.  Before stamping each set of images, I used the retired Watercolor Shapes and stamped a rectangle in Antique Linen Distress ink. I don't often use Distress inks, but I feel like they made my other inks bleed a little bit; I'll have to do some further experimenting with them!  I just love these little lures and fishy:




I added some speckles to the rainbow trout with a Blushing Bride marker, too....I am not sure if that's what a rainbow trout looks like in real life, but it's gonna do for my card!  I added another lure and a sentiment from the same set on the inside:


My last part was to stamp "For You" from Country Bouquet, then add a little Linen Thread to the card front....it helped to offset the rectangles that I didn't stamp quite in the center!  I am going to enter this over at the Krafty Chicks as well, as their challenge this week is Clean and Simple too!

I hope that our one-layer Clean-and-Simple challenge doesn't challenge you too much, because we'd love to see how creative you can be with it!  Be sure to check out the Design Team's samples over at the Paper Players blog....then share yours with us too!

The kids went to the Delaware shore yesterday, leaving early in the morning in Wayne's jeep....with no sides or roof!  Brrrr!  Both Cassidy and her friend Gia were well bundled-up!

Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him."  

Proverbs 23:24

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gone Fishing, Country Bouquet, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret), Watercolor Shapes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla
 Ink Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Azure Afternoon, Shaded Spruce, Old Olive, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Antique Linen Distress (Tim Holtz)
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools    

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a great card! No layer cards are very hard to make but I think you nailed it on this one, LeAnne! Gone Fishing is the perfect set for a Father's Day card!! Wayne is going to love this! The girls looked a bit cold on the ride to the beach. We are definitely having some odd weather for June standards. I'm not complaining as we do not have to run the ac or heat but it's been a bit on the cool side. Hope they enjoyed their day!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, I love your card. Do you get tired of hearing that from me? I think you came pretty close to the rainbow trout being reality! Wayne will love this. Happy Father's Day to John and Wayne and you are a blessing! I'm sure Cassidy and Gia will have a grand time once it warms up.

Bonnie said...

Awesome watercoloring, LeAnne! Such a perfect card for a fisherman!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the framing of your fish and tackle with the watercolour squares - really effective and it makes those bright colours pop! A great one layer card LeAnne - fun pictures of the girls too!

Linda Callahan said...

Your fish-y images are perfect for your one layer card! Love it!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a great use of this set - I wish I had thought of it when I was making my "I must make 10 cards from the same set" project. I think I'm going to have to steal this idea!
hugs
jaydee

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Always a pleasure to see your project in our gallery. Love the CAS approach! A wonderful card for Father’s Day! One layer cards are difficult for me, you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing.
Diane - DT @ Krafty Chicks Challenge

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this card is fabulous! I agree, one layer cards are difficult to make. The frames for the fish is genius. I love the bright colors you used, too! You certainly rocked this challenge, My Friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, you need to stop adding things to my next order. Haha! I love, love, LOVE this! That pop of pink on the rainbow trout is awesome.

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I love, love, love this card and your "painterly" technique! The linen wrap and bow are a perfect touch.
Xoxo, Fran

Ann Schach said...

Such a perfect masculine one-layer card, LeAnne. The Watercolor Shapes rectangles really set off the fish and lures. Great color choices! Have a wonderful weekend!