Thursday, April 19, 2012

SRC120 & TKT60

DSCF0355
One of my husband’s customers gave him a unique book/cookbook that he wrote himself after a trip out west.  It follows the travels of two fox statues, frieda and Freddie (that’s how he spells them!) and he dresses them up in western wear  and poses them and takes photos of them along the way.  The recipes are for meals like “Fart and Dart Beans” (I am not making this up!), Buffalo Jerky and Boy in a Bag (which is like plum pudding).  The foxes meet characters like Clara the Chipmunk and Clyde the Coyote; highlights include museums, monuments and famous places like the Hole in the Wall Cabin where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid frequented, the Buffalo Bill Museum, and Bullwinkle’s Saloon.  I haven’t had a chance to read it all the way through, but what I’ve read so far is pretty funny!  All this to say, I used the Stamping Royalty sketch #120 from this week to make him a thank you card!  Here’s the sketch:
and here is my card:
DSCF0351
This uses three sets that will be retiring May 31:  Trendy Trees (sentiment); Out West, and Medallion.  The DP is Well Worn, and I used the Square Lattice EF for my horizontal panel.  Any questions, shoot me an email!  Oops, I forgot, this is also for The Spotted Chick's "That's Krafty Thursday", too!
Cassidy found a new place to read:
DSCF0341

10 comments:

Linda said...

This is a wonderful card. Great colors. I really really like it.
Oh my goodness I love love love that Cassidy love to read and finding spaces to read. Soooooo sweet!

Linda Callahan said...

Yee haw! That is one fine lookin' card missy! And that young 'un looks so cute perched up on that pillow like a crow on the fence line!

Betty Benton said...

Enjoy that wonderful cookbook and I'm sure the author will enjoy his "cowboy card"! Almost as much as Cassidy enjoys her books!!

jengd said...

The book sounds like a blast and it's such a perfect card!

Carol L said...

The book sounds hilarious and very creative - much like the thank-you card you made! I love the western feel! I also love the nautical wallpaper in your photo of Cassidy perched up like a princess on her pillows :) She's such a little doll!!

Sylvia said...

I never got that cowboy stamp, LeAnne, but I love the way you used it on your card! I am not one to do masculine very often. I had a dad who loved anything flowers, so I never had to! this worked well with that paper I could never figure out what to do with as well. Love Cassidy's new reading place, although I am afraid I would be laying down asleep if I made it that far on the bed! Have a wonderful day.

Marybeth said...

Your card is cute , but I have to say Cassidy steals the show in this post. Way too cute!

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is the perfect thank you card for your friend - goes right along with the western idea of his book, which sounds like quite the book. Great combination of papers and colours.
I like Cassidy's comfy new reading spot:)

Georgeann Manning said...

Wow!! You always make such amazing things!! this is wonderful! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Linda Fisher said...

You're so thoughtful, a perfect card for the cookbook. The book sounds hilarious, as is Cassidy with her newly found seat!