Friday, April 20, 2012

FMS31

DSCF0350
Yesterday was a busy day, nice outside, so I didn’t get much time to stamp!  I did make a quick card using this week’s  Freshly Made Sketches sketch by Rita.  Isn’t it pretty?
I wanted to send a card to a woman in our church who quietly serves our Alzheimer’s Support group, which my friend facilitates, by making cookies every month for them.  My friend wanted to make sure that each month she had homemade goodies to serve to her group, and I used to get volunteers each month.  Then, one month, a woman stepped up and said she would do it again for a second time…..and a third, and then she said she would just continue to do it.  She is very shy and quiet, but this is her way of serving God and our community, and it took a burden off me as well!  So this card is a little thank you for her:
DSCF0348
It’s a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch because I can’t seem to come up with anything really clever and spectacular lately; it uses Domestic Goddess DP and the Tiny Teacup (soon-to-be-retiring) stamp.  I did some stitching on the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border that had been punched from Calypso Coral, and added a couple little punched-out flowers in the corners.  Now……how about some spaghetti?
 DSCF0358 
 DSCF0367
DSCF0370
DSCF0369
Hands, face, ears AND elbows----she really enjoyed that spaghetti!  Thanks for visiting today!

15 comments:

Judith said...

I can hardly wait everyday to see Cassidy. She is so adorable. Love your cards, always.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, and very sweet Cassidy, as always! Have a great day :)

Linda said...

OK, I know this is a stamping blog and I should comment on your adorable card (which your friend at church will love I'm sure), but the Occupational Therapist in me HAS to comment about what fabulous fine motor skills Cassidy is developing every time she reaches her fingers into those little cups for her food.

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you use that Domestic Goddess paper so perfectly! I love it - and have a batch of it - but haven't used it much! Gotta break it out! I am starting to look beyond Cassidy in the pictures to check out "equipment" I may need - like the muffin pan lunch plate :)

irishgalkelly said...

Hi LeAnne! What a bright and cheery card for your friend! She should just love this one. I have always enjoyed this teacup, but never purchased it. I like how you matched the polka dots too. Are the scallop and polka dot dsp circles made from SU! product or other? I need to get something like that.

I have to say that your spaghetti pictures are just priceless! What an awesome scrapbook page or funny framed pic for Mother's Day. ;)

Linda said...

That is the only way to eat spaghetti isn't it? LOL So adorable.
Love the card. The colors are wonderful and I love that you use those little stamps. I always forget about them.

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! DH just fixed my Janome mini and I can't wait to try some stitching but hadn't even thought about using that ribbon punch and threading it - genius! It's so great to see kids really "getting into" their food! She sure looks like she's enjoying it. ~chris

Carol Lucas said...

Your card is so adorable! I love the paper, too. Will be sorry to see it go when the new catalog comes out.

Cheryl M. said...

I love that your church does this kindness for people with Alzheimer's, and that lady that makes cookies sounds pretty neat. I'll bet she will cherish your card. I love looking at your cards, and your granddaughter, and hearing about your church activities too.

Carol L said...

Great take on the sketch with those pretty papers! I love how you wove the thread into the border panel! And just look at Miss Cassidy go! She's the Yummo Kiddo!! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Who knew spaghetti could be so fun?? Look at Cassidy's face - too fun.
I like your take on this sketch and the fun dolours you've used. That teacup is so cute. I like your strip down the side with the stitching on it.

Jen Timko said...

Well I think this card is quite pretty and thanking this quiet servant of God is spectacular! Just love the joy that comes from watching a child experience things with such abandon! Glad to see you this week at FMS

Rita W said...

Wow, LeAnne! This is beautiful. I love the "stitching" and the bitty flowers. What a wonderful way to say thank you to someone so deserving.

And I adore the spaghetti pictures. She is just too cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful, sweet card LeAnne. And a wonderful way to thank someone for giving of themselves so selflessly!

Linda Fisher said...

OMGosh I think your card is very CLEVER. I love the way the twine is used with that border punch! My hat is off to the lady that makes all the cookies and to your friends support group. Way To Go Ladies!!!