Thursday, April 5, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 29

   DSCF0192
Happy Thursday!  Just a quick post today as we’re gearing up for a busy weekend at church!  I’ve got a soft feminine card today---kinda hooked on gingham these days---and it uses Jen's lovely sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:
I had already stamped this cherry image from the Mini Catalog set Mouthwatering in some pastel shades on Very Vanilla textured cardstock, so I was able to use it by flipping the sketch.
DSCF0190
I stamped the gingham on some watercolor paper for a more rustic look; I inked my Adorning Accents embossing folder with white craft ink prior to running the little Certainly Celery piece through it.  That gave it a more subtle look that matched the paler colors of my card.  I also added a little simple bow caught in a rhinestone brad that I colored to match:
DSCF0193
Finally, I added a simple “hello” from Pennant Parade:
DSCF0188
Cassidy has been trying to learn how to look into a kaleidoscope—this isn’t a real one, but sort of a beginner one---she knows what to do, but hasn’t quite grasped the concept yet!
DSCF0215DSCF0220   
DSCF0217DSCF0216

14 comments:

Linda Fisher said...

I love all the different textures in this card that you managed to display so perfectly. The color combo is so SWEET!
Cassidy is so funny, at least her curiosity keeps her busy.

Cyndi G said...

This is such a sweet card and I love your bow ... it is perfect! I see it has some extra 'loops' ... do you have any tips or tutorials for how you did this?

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so pretty! - You do have a way with color - love the idea of inking the embossing folder to soften the color! Look like Cassidy is practicing to be a pirate :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

I LOVE the soft feminine colours on this gorgeous card. The gingham is wonderful and so is your bow. Love this colour combo.
Cassidy looks like she having fun with her kaleidoscope even if she hasn't quite figured it out yet.
Have a very blessed Easter weekend my friend. He is Risen - He is Risen indeed!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors and that cute embossing folder with little hearts. So sweet!
Cassidy is so cute. Those are fun toys Grandma has.

Jen Timko said...

This is just wonderful! I love the soft colors and all the texture. Fabulous bow! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

None None said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love the soft colors and the texture really goes well with the overall look. Cassidy is adorable, as always!

Jen Mitchell said...

There's so much going on here that I love. The gingham stamp looks fantastic on the watercolor paper. And the cherry image stamped on textured cardstock is a wonderful match. The soft colors and beautifully tied bow wrap up a beautiful card!

Dee Tollaksen said...

Gorgeous card, so much going on and it all works together perfectly. Great job!

Betty Benton said...

What a soft and beautiful card! Better watch Cassidy and that thingie that I can't spell -- she'll have it opened to see how it works!!

jjcreations said...

This is such a wonderfully soft card - I love all the texture!

Lesley said...

Hey LeAnne...this card is so soft and pretty! I too LOVE me some gingham! Glad you liked the sketch but it is actually Jen T's baby...she is the mastermind behind it! Isn't it awesome!!
Hugs to you! Glad you are feeling better.
Lesley

Bernadette Bliss said...

So fresh and pretty.

Rita W said...

Such an awesome card my friend. I love the gingham! :) And seriously? That bow is GORGEOUSNESS!