Sunday, April 8, 2012

Paper Players 90

 DSCF0227

Happy Easter Sunday to everyone! I hope you are all having a happy, blessed holiday!  It’s my turn today to host the Paper Players challenge, and I have chosen some cool colors that, to me, evoke a masculine theme, but I am excited to see how you all interpret it!   Here you are:

 

I loved how Lesley used stars to show off the colors and that got my wheels turning:  I also loved the layout from the Stampin Queens this week:

SQSC27-003

So here we go:

PP90-LeAnne-001

There’s a lot of embossing and punching---a little bit of stamping---but I think this is a great masculine card!  In fact, I am going to give this to a spry guy in my church who turned 80 years old yesterday!!!  The stamping I did do came from the Pennant Parade and Itty Bitty Bits set:

DSCF0229

and I used my Diagonal Simply Scored plate to add that cool texture to a narrow strip of Brushed Silver cardstock.  A retired Stylized Silver star brad anchored my little pennant.

I hope you’ll take some time to play with these colors and share your creation over at the Paper Players blog.  Don’t forget to stop by to see what the other designers have come up with and leave them some love too!  I don’t have any pictures of Cassidy today, but I’ll leave you with a lovely vintage Easter postcard:

0968 Easter-miscellany057_SummertownSun

17 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Oh I love your star card and I think it would be a great masculine card which are always so difficult.
Happy Easter.

jengd said...

LOVE this card! You seriously rocked that sketch and the colors are fabulous!! I've GOT to try to get in on this one! Happy Easter!

Crealotte said...

Lovely card you made! Thank you for the cool color combo, I will definitely try to play along this week! Happy Easter...

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne ~ this star card is FABULOUS...I just may get to this challenge...sure hope so! Happy Easter! He Is Risen!!!

Terri said...

Great masculine card and use of the colors. I especially like all the stars and the pennant too. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog as well.

Elaine M said...

What a wonderful card - I know he'll really appreciate it! Happy Easter dear friend

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hi Leanne!! Thanks for the fun challenge. You always have the best ideas. I love this star card, my friend Amber loves stars on everything, I a going to make this card for her.

Hugs
Shirley

Darlene Gabriel said...

Love this card - you are right - definitely a perfect masculine card. I like the scoring you did on the silver strip. I like the colours you chose for this challenge.
Have a blessed Easter.

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful card for s spry "young" man! I love the diagonal embossing on the brushed silver card stock! What a great challenge, LeAnne! I LOVE it!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, Easter blessings to you and your family.
What a fabulous color scheme you dreamed up for us this week. I had such fun playing with the colors. I love your take on the challenge and what a great job you did combining it with the Stamping Queens challenge. Fabulous card.
Hugs
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, I love the diagonal treatment on brushed silver! How stinkin' clever of you...it's the perfect companion to the silver star brad and the stars in your design. You rocked that sketch too. LOVED your colors this week! Hope your Easter was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter, LeAnne! I really LOVE the colors you chose, and this card is so SO cute! Love the texture, and the stars:) Hope you had a lovely day:) **hugs**

Julie said...

This is awesome LeAnne! I love the colors you chose this week! Great layout! This is my kind of card - minimal stamping :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, you are a super-STAR with this fabby card! The embossing adds such awesome texture and you worked that layout beautifully. Thanks for the sweet color combo this week, friend. Hope your Easter was wonderful! Hugs! :)

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

LeAnne, that`s the cutest little banner tag in that corner. What a beauty!

Hugs, Pauline

Heidi said...

Oh, LeAnne! Thank you so much for the great color combo. I instantly thought masculine, too...and when I saw your star card all I could think of was to make something with STARS!! So, in an effort to not repeat your card's theme, I went in the direction of flowers...and girly.:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenn Picard said...

LeAnne this was such a great colour combo to work with! Love this layout,the circles, the stars and all that texture make for such a perfect finished project. Adding the star brad and the strip of silver card stock really tied it all together. Thanks again for such a great challenge.